- 6 guest reviews
"This is a welcome addition to Ely. The old house has been renovated wth care and the result is a comfortable place to stay in the heart of t..."
"Amazing hotel. Will be back!..."
"Second stay here. Accomodation first class. Didn't affect us but they ran out of vegetarian sausages on the first breakfast and all sausages..."
"Fancying a couple of nights away somewhere not too far from home we definitely struck lucky with Poets House. We were welcomed warmly on arr..."
"Every one of the staff we encountered was outstanding - polite, friendly and helpful. Room a bit noisy (air conditioning, upstairs neighbour..."
About the hotel
Poets House is a charming hotel in the heart of historic Ely, perfect for weekend breaks, conferences, weddings and celebrations in Cambridgeshire. Originally consisting of three Grade II-listed properties of the early 1900s and the home of a renowned local author, Poets House is a uniquely stylish hotel, restaurant and event venue. Coupling the buildings' original charm with stunningly innovative interiors, Poets House affords guests the perfect blend of luxurious comfort.
From the second you arrive and are met by our team, you can be certain that we will provide you with a level of service which we are sure will leave you wishing that you could stay with us for longer. Our elegantly furnished bedrooms are designed to ensure your comfort and relaxation. Room amenities include satellite flat-screen TV, tea- and coffee-making facilities, free Wi-Fi and en suite bathroom with copper bath. At our in-house restaurant, you can delight your taste buds with servings of scrumptious Modern European dishes. Cap off the day with drinks at our bar. We feature one accessible room. Also available for free are Wi-Fi throughout the property and nearby off-site parking.
Principally renowned for its cathedral, Ely has a great selection of other attractions to offer in a city where the relaxed pace of life is something to enjoy. A five-minute walk from our hotel will take you to the magnificent medieval Ely Cathedral or next door to the historic Oliver Cromwell's House. You can also practice your golf swing on the manicured greens of Ely City Golf Club, less than a mile away from the hotel. The nearest train station is less than a mile away while the university city of Cambridge is about 20 miles away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A high class hotel in excellent location
This is a welcome addition to Ely.
The old house has been renovated wth care and the result is a comfortable place to stay in the heart of t...
Will be back!...