- Very Good
- 15 guest reviews
"We have stayed before and have never been disappointed...."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our break a lovely hotel and impressive views from our room. Staff very helpful and food excellent. We will certainly..."
"Loved it the Hotel is bonny and interesting just the right atmosphere and great staff. best nights sleep I ever had away from home really fe..."
"Made to feel very welcome right from the start, room was clean and tidy & food delicious. A great stay, thank you...."
"Clean room, good food and excellent staff. Will return...."
About the hotel
The Kingsknowes Hotel is a beautiful Scots Baronial Mansion, built in 1869 with 12, individually furnished, en-suite bedrooms. The hotel has splendid and well tended gardens, abundant parking and is only a 15 minute walk from Galashiels town centre. The Kingsknowes is set in the heart of the romantic Scottish Borders and overlooks Abbotsford House- Sir Walter Scott's ancestral home - the River Tweed (famous salmon river) and the beautiful Eildon hills.
It is an ideal base whether you are on business, or wish to tour the area and explore the Border Abbeys and famous houses, relax in our ambient atmosphere, or enjoy golf, shooting, salmon fishing, walking or cycling and many other sporting activities. Lunch and dinner is served daily in the Courtyard Bar or in one of our unique dining rooms, and during the summer months in our original Edwardian conservatory. We are situated only 33 miles south of Edinburgh on the A7, with great transport links to other surrounding Border towns.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Satellite TV
- Fishing, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
We have stayed before and have never been disappointed....
We thoroughly enjoyed our break a lovely hotel and impressive views from our room.
Staff very helpful and food excellent. We will certainly...