- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"Booked a single room, very surprised at size of bed, at least 6ft/ brilliant bed. Would return and recommend. Dinner finished too early for..."
"A great little hotel run very well. Don't be put off with the reception though. It amounts to a small counter and a computer screen and I wa..."
"Staff were polite and helpful. Some of the decor was quite dated and unappealing. The shower over the bath is really not great in terms of e..."
"Stayed for one night whilst in Elgin on business. Was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Staff are very friendly and welcoming, and whils..."
"Every member of staff was friendly helpful and efficient, a joy to stay there and I will certainly stay again next time I am in Elgin...."
About the hotel
The Sunninghill, built in 1869 by a retired merchant sea captain stands imposingly in its grounds which originally contained the buildings own orchard and stables. The Sunninghill is situated not far from Elgin's main shopping centre, and within easy walking distance of the city's commercial heart and amenities. For over 32 years Donald and Winnie Ross have owned the Sunninghill and have carried out extensive refurbishment resulting in elegant, comfortable interiors, attractive well maintained gardens, large private car park and free internet access via WiFi or hardwired broadband connections through out the hotel.
The Sunninghill has a friendly, reliable and willing staff who shall do their utmost to ensure you enjoy your visit to us. The Sunninghill offers an ideal place to stay for business travellers and private guests alike. After your busy day, you can relax in our friendly bar and try the real ales on offer or sample a dram or two from our extensive range of Malt Whiskeys, including our own 10 year old Sunninghill Hotel Malt, selected and bottled by Gordon and McPhail. The Sunninghill Restaurant is very popular with visitors and locals who come to sample the good quality food at reasonable prices. We have extensive lunch and dinner menus which are prepared daily by our kitchen team. We try to use the best fresh local produce in many of our dishes. Our Dining, Conservatory and Patio rooms are available for conferences, weddings and celebration parties. We have a range of function menus available for larger groups. The ancient cathedral city of ELGIN offers plenty for visitors to enjoy. The cathedral itself and biblical gardens adjacent are of historical interest. Johnston’s Cashmere and Glen Moray distillery both offer tours and have attractive visitors’ centres and shops. For the more active, mountain bike trails, golf, tennis and lovely beach walks are close at hand. There are many challenging golf courses around to suit all handicaps, from true links at Moray to pleasant parkland at Elgin. At Moray Leisure in Elgin a swimming pool, skating and relaxation suite are provided in pleasant surroundings. The internationally famous Whiskey Trail, Speyside Way walk along the Spey Valley, climbing in the Cairngorms, numerous golf courses such as Castle Stuart - the home of the 2011 Scottish Open and the beautiful beaches along the Moray Firth - home to over 100 bottlenose dolphins, are all within easy reach.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Old fashioned males in modern Environment
Booked a single room, very surprised at size of bed, at least 6ft/ brilliant bed.
Would return and recommend. Dinner finished too early for...
Clean, friendly and charming
A great little hotel run very well.
Don't be put off with the reception though. It amounts to a small counter and a computer screen and I wa...