- 31 guest reviews
"Our booking appeared to have been lost when we arrived and we were left hanging around for quite a while before we were finally checked in,..."
"What you see is what you get, accommodation was ideal for our stay and the food in the pub and restaurant was also of good quality and good..."
"Not a place for my age group on a Saturday have live groups on from 9till11.45 very loude but good group..."
"Very good value, clean and quiet and easy to get to...."
"The Governors House was recommended by a family member, normally we stay in a Premier Inn but it was far too expensive this time. The Govern..."
About the hotel
All guests are greeted with the warmest of welcomes here at the Governor’s House. Set in a peaceful location, our newly refurbished accommodation is the perfect base for exploring the peak district, Cheshire or Manchester city centre. With excellent conference facilities the Governor’s house suits both corporate and leisure travellers.
Conveniently situated within easy reach of local motorway networks and Manchester international airport, it’s a great choice for commuters, and our stay and fly package including parking and transfers can be arranged for you peace of mind. The modern interior features a combines calming tones and contemporary furnishings. Our training and meeting room has all of the equipment you will need to host a productive meeting or training event. Enjoy your leisure time with a drink in the bar below and a relaxing dinner in our fabulous restaurant. Or perhaps let your hair down experiencing some of Manchester’s vibrant nightlife. Whether it’s a sporting adventure, shopping extravaganza, cultural tour or simply a relaxing break, our friendly staff hope to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Smoking allowed in public areas, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite, Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
The Governors' House
Our booking appeared to have been lost when we arrived and we were left hanging around for quite a while before we were finally checked in, but the room was fine - large and very comfortable and attractive.
Breakfast was not impressive and my husband didn't get the items he had requested in his full breakfast but as it had taken so long to arrive, and we had a train to catch, he didn't bother to comment!
Tired but acceptable
Room was adequate.
Havent seen a fan heater in use in an hotel for ages - actually ever. Bathroom not the cleanest. Wifi non existent in room. Room noisy when PA system is in use in the bar - at least I got all the answers to the pub quiz!