- 8 guest reviews
"My husband & I chose The lion as our anniversary present to ourselves. This has always been a favourite place to eat & stay. Sadly not this..."
"I received a friendly welcome on check-in and was shown to my room. The quality of the room and bathroom was excellent. I enjoyed dinner in..."
"Customer service was friendly and of an excellent standard. All staff did their best to ensure I had a pleasant stay. They were helpful in a..."
"The Lion Inn was recommended to us as we were attending a wedding at the local church. What a great recommendation, the rooms are excellent,..."
"The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very well presented, with a balcony overlooking the garden. The only negati..."
About the hotel
The Lion Inn Public House The Lion Inn offers diners a unique eating and drinking experience as well as hotel facilities and a new style to rival many. The Lion has been a traditional pub for many centuries and has undergone a chic yet sympathetic transformation into a bistro pub extraordinaire. Situated a mere ½ mile from the A12, the new Lion Inn provides a different dining and staying experience.
Bar A pub with, dare we say it – Je ne sais quoi! Stylishly decorated with antiques and salvaged furniture, The Lion Public House is an eclectic mix. The bar is pure French theatre – black bar top adorned by tall chrome taps dispensing a good selection of real ales as well as lager and great quality wine on draught. Eatery A natural extension to the bar area, The Restaurant maintains an elegant mix of old and new. We have recently replaced our decking area with a stylish Victorian inspired conservatory so you can enjoy the views no matter what the weather. Rooms Deluxe It’s all in the name! Big comfortable bed, crisp white linen and fully equipped ensuite are just a few of life’s little necessities away from home. We haven’t forgotten to add a flat screen TV, complimentary internet access with space to work as well as air conditioning you control! If you're looking for more than the usual hotel, eatery or meeting venue, then you may have just found it.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 22:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Not the usual high standard.
My husband & I chose The lion as our anniversary present to ourselves.
This has always been a favourite place to eat & stay. Sadly not this...
Comfortable and Welcoming
I received a friendly welcome on check-in and was shown to my room.
The quality of the room and bathroom was excellent. I enjoyed dinner in...