- 17 guest reviews
"Booked this hotel as reviews were good. Room was clean, comfy bed and fab cooked breakfast. I will definitely stay here again, excellent val..."
"Would stay again but only on a cheap rate, the bread was from the freezer so crumbled and my egg at breakfast was like a rubber egg! Nice sp..."
"Stayed the night for our anniversary. great people and great hotel. will be back...."
"Absolutely brilliant hotel. Staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. Excellent value and would definitely stay here again...."
About the hotel
Offering Free Wi-Fi and ample free onsite parking, The Gables Hotel is conveniently situated only a mile from the M(A)74, M6 & A75 giving easy access to Glasgow, Dumfries & Carlisle. The Gables is an independent, family owned hotel in the heart of Gretna. The magnificent location, the traditional family feel and the friendly staff has established The Gables as one of the finest hotels in the area.
From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you are assured of a warm, friendly atmosphere where nothing is too much trouble. The Hotels restaurant has earned a reputation for fine, traditional Scottish food, offering the ideal setting to enjoy a relaxing meal with friends and family, boasting a full & varied A La Carte menu complemented by a carefully selected wine list. For those who prefer a less formal setting, our cosy lounge bar offers delicious home cooked bar meals including many traditional favourites. Ideally situated for exploring Dumfries & Galloway, the historic city of Carlisle & the Northern Lakes. Designer shopping at The Gretna Gateway is just minutes away. PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to eat with us in our lounge bar or restaurant, we strongly advise booking a table in advance as it can be extremely popular. Please contact the hotel and a table can be reserved for you.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 16 years old
- 22/12/2015 to 31/12/2016 - Please note that all guests wishing to pay for their accommodation in cash will be required to provide photographic ID and a credit card authorisation for a deposit will be taken. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Booked this hotel as reviews were good.
Room was clean, comfy bed and fab cooked breakfast. I will definitely stay here again, excellent value for money. Staff were very pleasant, lovely welcome to Scotland.
Great parking, nice location, room was fine, although a few cobwebs! Food poor though, Tea very poor
Would stay again but only on a cheap rate, the bread was from the freezer so crumbled and my egg at breakfast was like a rubber egg.
Nice spot though and car parking very good, worth what I paid but sadly no more..