- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"Unfortunately we only stayed one night as this is all that or itinerary allowed. From the moment we arrived till we left late the next day w..."
"Street is a nice little place and parking at the hotel was free. We had a huge room and the bath, toilet, sink and bed were all very clean...."
"Although I only reported it when I left, our toilet leaked quite badly leaving a big puddle around the base of the toilet on the floor. I ha..."
"After an extended journey down thanks to horrendous trafficon the M25 and the A303, the welcome at the Bear was excellent. The receptionist..."
About the hotel
The Bear Inn is a traditional pub in the small town of Street in Somerset. The inn boasts a spacious interior filled with cosy corners and a large garden and terrace to enjoy in the summer months. Food is served all day and our traditional menu and daily food offers mean you can be assured of great quality and value at every visit.
Street was a small farming community until the mid 19th century when Cyrus Clark set up his shoe factory and built housing and leisure facilities to provide for his workers. Now, the manufacturing arm has moved abroad and the old workshops have been turned into a retail village offering designer and high street clothes at outlet prices. The town is located in a rural area, less than 2 miles from Glastonbury and only 10 minutes from the M5. Our accommodation consists of 24 comfortable and spacious rooms situated either above the pub or in our neighbouring cottages. We are located a minute’s walk from the retail village at the edge of the town.
- Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Smoking allowed in public areas, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Translation Service
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Jacuzzi, [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 23:00
- Up to 8 years old
- 11/03/2016 to 21/03/2025 - Please note some of our rooms are located within cottages adjacent to the main building The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Jewel of Somerset
Unfortunately we only stayed one night as this is all that or itinerary allowed.
From the moment we arrived till we left late the next day we we're impressed at the friendliness of the staff, let alone the quality and quantity of the food served. This includes the huge complete size of breakfast to the large and inventive daily menu. The waitresses were amazing, funny and professional beyond the level of a normal pub chain restaurant. They knew the menu inside out as they had tried everything personally.