- 49 guest reviews
"Could not fault this hotel, from the comfort and relaxed atmosphere to the food and the excellent staff who could not do enough to make your..."
"Excellent hotel, friendly and attentive staff. Beautiful Georgian rooms, well equipped; meeting all our needs. Excellent start to each day w..."
"The service was next to none, we were really looked after. We had been upgraded to a junior suite for free. The bar staff gave us a free dri..."
"Location, hotel, room, staff and food all excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Nothing was too much trouble. Wonderful, thank you "The..."
"Hotel was gorgeous, lovely bedding, excellent service, food beautiful and great location...."
About the hotel
Recently voted one of the top 25 city hotels in the world by Tripadvisor - The Howard is a gem of a small hotel. The Howard is often described as "The most discreet 5-star hotel in Edinburgh". A distinct attention to detail together with the personal touch will ensure you feel special.
A Georgian retreat in the city centre of Scotland's capital city. Every guest has a Dedicated Butler who will tend to your every need – from unpacking your bags and serving afternoon tea in the Drawing Room to co-ordinating your social itinerary and serving a three-course dinner in your suite, so that you can totally relax. Our eighteen individually characterised rooms (some bathrooms even have freestanding roll top baths). Dining at The Atholl is an experience full of decadent pleasures. You’ll enjoy dinner, which will be meticulously prepared by our dedicated team of chefs, and attention to detail in this warm & exclusive Georgian setting. Alternatively dine in the comfort of your own room. Select your meal from the a la carte menu, & your dinner will be served to you by your dedicated butler. Car Parking is available at a rate of £15 per 24 hours. The hotel reserves the right to pre authorise the credit card used to guarantee the reservation 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Games Console, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 21:00
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
Good old fashion luxury
Could not fault this hotel, from the comfort and relaxed atmosphere to the food and the excellent staff who could not do enough to make your stay enjoyable, must say we loved it.
Excellent hotel, friendly and attentive staff.
Beautiful Georgian rooms, well equipped; meeting all our needs. Excellent start to each day with a good choice of breakfasts cooked to order. Hotel situated in a good position for exploring Edinburgh. Would definitely stay there again.