- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"The management take great care that you are well looked after. Staff brilliant. Manager Chris even left a Xmas present in all the roads. Alw..."
"No frills but clean and friendly staff. A little disappointed with the food in the evening but breakfast v. Good...."
"The Red Lion has comfortable and well appointed rooms. I was solo in a double room and it had plenty of space and everything I needed. Comfo..."
"Nice hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast. I would definitely stay again. Only concern might be the level of security th..."
"I found the morning staff (Kate) was always cheerful helpful nothing was too much trouble for her This is about the 12th time I have stayed..."
About the hotel
The Red Lion is the only surviving pub left in the beautiful Lancashire village of Newburgh. This traditional pub with its cosy corners and appetising menu is a hit with locals and visitors to the area. The 13 rooms are refurbished to a high standard with a modern contemporary feel.
Newburgh sits on the Leeds and Liverpool canal a short distance from Parbold and a few minutes drive from the M6 and Wigan; Newburgh is also close to attractions such as Martin Mere, Wigan Pier and Camelot and is attractive to walkers. In our recently refurbished bar and restaurant, our menu has a wide choice of traditional favourites along with selected dishes from around the world accompanied by our daily changing specials from the blackboard. We also serve a fine selection of cask ales featuring some of the renowned beers from Banks, Marstons, Jennings, Ringwood and Wychwood. For the wine lover we have a selection of wines from around the world with many of them served by the glass.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 22:00
- Up to 16 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
The Red Lion Hotel by Marstons Inns
The management take great care that you are well looked after.
Staff brilliant. Manager Chris even left a Xmas present in all the roads. Alw...
Value for money
No frills but clean and friendly staff.
A little disappointed with the food in the evening but breakfast v. Good....