- 6 guest reviews
"In front of an open fire with snow outside across miles of views; what could be better?..."
"The hotel is in a beautiful part of the Cumbrian countryside. The staff were efficient and courteous and were always on hand. The room was q..."
"Staff so welcoming and still good at their jobs. Nothing too much trouble. Meals fantastic. Premises comfortable, clean, well maintained...."
"I have stayed here several times over the years and the quality and friendliness is always above expectations...."
"A very warm welcome. Lovely staff...."
About the hotel
Appleby Manor Hotel and Garden Spa is set in it's own grounds on the outskirts of the Historic Market Town of Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria within the Eden Valley on the edge of the Lake District, it is surrounded by the magnificent mountains and fells of the North Pennines. The North Yorkshire Dales, Lancashire and Tyneside are all within easy reach and the romantic border town of Gretna Green is only a 45 minute drive away. Each room has a seating area, some of which surround traditional bay windows overlooking the gardens and Appleby Castle.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Each room has its own bathroom with a spa bath. Free parking is also available. Guests can dine in the relaxed and informal setting of Bistro 1871, a real log fire is the centre piece of the traditionally furnished lounge. A wide range of beverages and a full English breakfast is served in the Oak Room Restaurant which features a conservatory with views across the Lake District fells. Appleby Manor is a four star luxury Spa Hotel with everything you need including warm open log fires in the winter, excellent hotel bedrooms, a fine selection of wines and whiskies together with an award winning restaurant that offers superb views over Lake District fells . Scenic hill walking and fishing are possible in the immediate area. Appleby Rail Station is just 10 minutes’ walk away, while the castle and Appleby Golf Club are a 5-minute drive. Penrith town centre is less than a 20-minute drive from Appleby Manor.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Pitch n' Putt, Snooker/Billiards, [Channels] News, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 16 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
In front of an open fire with snow outside across miles of views; what could be better?...
The hotel is in a beautiful part of the Cumbrian countryside.
The staff were efficient and courteous and were always on hand. The room was q...