- Very Good
- 30 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel right In the center of Winchester , staff were polite , happy and very helpfull . Breakfast had plenty of options and the plate..."
"The evening meal was very disappointing. Also my husband is gluten free and there were not enough choices for someone with a food allergy. T..."
"Really enjoyed our stay: the room was very comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again!!..."
"Clean, well positioned hotel for exploring Winchester. I was on a course at the hospital which is a reasonable 15-20 minute walk from the ho..."
"The hotel was right in the centre of the city, but sitting in the beautiful walled garden all you can hear is the birds. Lovely hotel, brill..."
About the hotel
Winner of Service Excellence in the Winchester BID Awards 2016, this recently refurbished charming 81-bedroom hotel is in the heart of historic Winchester. It offers on-site parking (charges apply), elegant rooms with satellite TV, and is a 5-minute walk from the Cathedral. The Winchester Royal dates back to the 1300s and has been a hotel for the past two centuries.
The spacious bedrooms have a cozy sitting area, private bathroom, and facilities for making tea and coffee. Overlooking the beautiful walled garden, the award-winning Conservatory Restaurant serves a modern European menu throughout the day. Full English and continental breakfasts are available each morning.
Winchester Train Station is a 10-minute walk The Winchester Royal dates back to the 1300s and has been a hotel for the past two centuries. The spacious bedrooms have a cozy sitting area, private bathroom, and facilities for making tea and coffee.
Royal Winchester Golf Club is a 10-minute drive away. A choice of shops and museums are within easy walking distance. Winchester Royal Hotel has limited on-site car parking which is charged at £10 per night for hotel guests. Other charges apply for non-residents. Alternative public car parking is available close-by.
Winchester doesn’t take booking for car parking spaces, so it operates on a first come first served basis. Free Wi-Fi for all guests.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 14 years old
- 22/03/2013 to 31/12/2022 - Please be aware for bookings of 6 rooms or more additional terms will apply to your reservation. For full details please contact LateRooms. Limited car parking available at £10 per night. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
Christmas Market Visit
Lovely hotel right In the center of Winchester , staff were polite , happy and very helpfull .
Breakfast had plenty of options and the plate...
Overnight stay for shopping trip in Winchester
The evening meal was very disappointing.
Also my husband is gluten free and there were not enough choices for someone with a food allergy. T...