- Very Good
- 30 guest reviews
"We enjoyed our stay but the room was a little dusty and unkept looking...."
"great service, friendly and big room. just lacked air con...."
"Lovely people, very helpful...."
"upgrade very pleasing, only booked at last minute, could not fault the hotel or staff..."
"Excellent hotel and service. Only problem was the room was rather hot...."
About the hotel
Situated in the young and vibrant cafe society of Jesmond, less than a mile from Newcastle City Centre and within walking distance from it's colourful nightlife. Ideally located for sightseeing, shopping, business or pleasure, our hotel offers unique, comfortable bedrooms to relax in. Our team at New Northumbria pride themselves in outstanding customer service, ensuring all clients and guests enjoy a seamless and personal experience.
We offer standard rooms, superior rooms and suites, all of which are en-suite and equipped with TV, tea and coffee facilities, hair dryer, ironing centre, bespoke toiletries and much more. Extra beds are available in superior rooms at an extra charge. We accept pets, an additional charge will be incurred. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Conference/function room is available on site. Scalini’s Restaurant offers Mediterranean style cuisine with a predominant Italian influence. One of the busiest and most popular restaurants in Newcastle, so pre-booking is advisable. It has a heated outdoor patio seating area with parasols, large and small private party areas and TV for sporting events. Open 7 days a week from 12 noon, it is children friendly with kids menus and activities. Osborne's Bar is the premium bar in the centre of the Jesmond nightlife. It is the “in place” attracting both young and old, students and professionals from Jesmond and wider Newcastle. This vibrant bar sells only premium spirits, with an extensive range of draught and bottled beers, real ales, cocktails and a wide selection of wines sold by the bottle or the glass. With its heated outdoor terraces, Osborne’s Bar attracts those wishing to experience that continental atmosphere and simply enjoy being at the heart of Newcastle’s “cafe society”. The Kitchen @ Osborne's serves hearty, rustic food at a great price from 8am until 9pm, alongside the best coffee in town to sit and enjoy or take away! A wide range of world beers and locally produced cask ales are also on offer. Friendly staff and comfortable seating all make for a great place to relax. Located within easy reach of all city centre attractions ie Theatre Royal, Eldon Square Shopping Centre, Metro Radio Arena, St James Park, Centre for Life, Quayside, Millennium Bridge, The Sage Gateshead, Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art. Easily accessible by metro from Central Station and Newcastle International Airport. PLEASE NOTE - Any bookings of 5 rooms or more are classed as a group and are subject to different terms and conditions. The hotel will contact the guest upon booking to outline these terms.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Expensive for the quality
Disappointed with the quality.
The carpet on the floor wasn't even stuck down, the furniture was very tired looking and the bed creaked. There was also very little light available in the room. The bathroom however was of a good standard. My room was noisy as it was at the front of the hotel on a fairly busy road.
I decided to opt for the breakfast, I felt that it was again very expensive. I prepaid for breakfast (£10) and chose scrambled eggs on toast, only to find that adding a little salmon to it would cost me £1 extra. It seems petty but had I opted for the unhealthy option of the full English it would have been included in the £10 I paid for breakfast.
Whilst the service was excellent, the actual Breakfast was totally overcooked.
Everything had been precooked and warmed up.