- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"We had to find a place to stay for one night in the middle of the August bank holiday. Although it was late the hotel agreed to provide a me..."
"Great value for money - one night stay and a very pleasant experience...."
"Characterful building with some discreet modern upgrades. Rooms comfortable and warm. Staff spot on, food very nice indeed. Combination of b..."
"Recently stayed at The Royal Hotel and really looking forward to returning. Quality beers, food and very comfortable warm accomodation, outs..."
"The hotel was lovely extremely clean and tidy the rooms were very big the food was amazing both in the bar and the breakfast the next day. T..."
About the hotel
Nestled peacefully amongst the Eastern Lakeland Fells and located on many of the best-loved Lakeland walks, this charming country retreat is ideal for a peaceful break in Dockray. Run by a charismatic and friendly family, the Inn provides a relaxed, informal but efficient service, well suited to the Lakeland way of life. The Helvellyn and High Street mountain ranges are right on the doorstep, which makes The Royal Hotel an ideal and comfortable base for walkers.
The facilities include 10 en suite bedrooms, a large restaurant and a bar that boasts a fine selection of wines, locally produced Real Ales and malt whiskies.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Pets Allowed, Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 22:00
- Up to 5 years old
- 20/08/2012 to 20/08/2021 - Pets are allowed, but need to be confirmed with the hotel first, hotel does not provided beds for the pets. There is a £5.00 charge per pet per night. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
We had to find a place to stay for one night in the middle of the August bank holiday.
Although it was late the hotel agreed to provide a me...
Excellent stay at a lovely hotel
Great value for money - one night stay and a very pleasant experience....