- Very Good
- 31 guest reviews
"We stayed overnight after travelling down from the North of Scotland to find that there was a wedding taking place and the trepidation start..."
"Hotel room Excellent Balcony overclocking the canal and the room spotlessly clean..."
"we stayed 2 nights at the lion quays every thing was great, room and food was first class. location on the canal is good for walking to see..."
"I stay here once or twice a year while visiting the nearby hot air balloon factory so have got to know Lion's Quay quite well. I now gather..."
"Lovely buildings and a good location. A bit noisy because of the A5. The spa is excellent and the rooms are comfortable; however, the food i..."
About the hotel
Lion Quays Waterside Hotel and Resort is an independently owned hotel, offering thoughtfully designed bedrooms and extensive on-site facilities to suit couples, families and business travellers. The 4 star hotel offers free WiFi in all public areas as well as in the bedrooms. There are twin, double, family rooms and the suite with crisp linen, LCD TV, power showers, complimentary toilets and rooms with views over the local countryside and Llangollen canal, some also have their own balcony.
Guests have a choice of restaurants on site; from a family-friendly traditional waterside restaurant offering a-la-cart dining, to a more intimate and contemporary dining experience at Nico’s Brasserie. Both restaurants offer a delicious range of British and European dishes and have outdoor areas to enjoy al-fresco dining. Guests enjoy complimentary access to our country club facilities including, 25m swimming pool with poolside steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi and 75 station Technogym. Lockers and towels are provided during your stay. Lion Quays Spa has a thermal suite with hydrotherapy pool, steam room, sauna, experience showers and the UKs first snow cave. Guests enjoy discounted Thermal Suite rates. Full menu of treatments are also available, pre-booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Bowls, Tennis Courts, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- 20/02/2017 to 17/04/2017 - The Waterside Restaurant is having an exciting refurbishment. This means it will be closed from the 20th February for 8 weeks. However Nico's Restaurant will be open for residents to dine The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
I simply cannot express how incredibly disappointing our recent stay was.
The Waterside dining room is currently being refurbished, however both Laterooms and the hotel failed to mention this upon booking and at check-in. We were directed to Nico's for our evening meal which is an entirely separate nuilding to the hotel. I can honestly say I have never been subjected to or witnessed such appalling service at a restaurant, ever. Our drinks order was wrong, the temporary menu was very limited and certainly not a 4 star standard. The only vegetarian meal choice wasn't available and the only alternative choice was a cheese pizza. One pizza was sent with tomatoes on despite a request to leave them off and the other pizza we ordered came with burnt debris from the cooking tray embedded in the pizza base. No one came back to our table to enquire if our meal was acceptable and we sat, unable to eat our food for roughly 40 minutes. We spoke to the manager who offered his apologies and explained that the problems were because this was the first evening of the venue change for the restaurant staff. What rubbish. The waitresses and chefs were completely inexperienced and the total lack of customer service was completely unsatisfactory. Our issues were not the only ones, and during the time we waited for assistance with substandard meals we witnessed many other customers complain, and also watched one couple leave their meal and walk out. We returned to our room to discover that our kettle was broken, a minor issue which only exacerbated our frustration. Breakfast the following morning was equally disappointing. Cold food, the service area was messy with food spillage left everywhere and plates and cups were soiled and wet. Fruit and pastries were virtually gone with no automatic replacement offered. To top off our overall concerns about hygiene, we watched a waiter replenish the pastry selection using his hand rather than utensils. He then snuffed out the heaters under the food servers with a spatula which he returned to the food dispenser for customers to use. There were many other concerning incidents which to be frank would simply make this review too long to write. Needless to say our concerns were voiced at checkout and our evening meal and breakfast were refunded without hesitation and with many apologies. Unfortunately this doesn't remove the awful experience or replace what should have been a 4 star stay. The refurbishment should make no difference whatsoever to the standard of hygiene and service offered to guests and there are no excuses for the awful experience we had.
Good food comfortable room
We stayed overnight after travelling down from the North of Scotland to find that there was a wedding taking place and the trepidation start...