- 23 guest reviews
"Faultless from check in through meals and departure..."
"Very good hotel...."
"Although I have scored the food at 2 but the staff dealt with the issue therefore customer service was excellent...."
"Good selection of food at breakfast, although plates were not hot. Also, there was a distinct lack of staff on duty because as guests came d..."
"Considering I booked the hotel that morning, we were incredibly impressed with how lovely the hotel was! It's set in quite a rural location..."
About the hotel
Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds, De Vere Alexandra House has all the latest facilities for business travelers to stay overnight and a great value venue for couples and families staying to visit friends or the local area at the weekend. Located on the outskirts of Swindon in the village of Wroughton, access is easy from either junction 15 or 16 of the M4 (just 5 miles away) and a mere 4 miles from the centre of Swindon. Alexandra House is also just minutes from Swindon main line train station, with direct links from London Paddington.
Use De Vere Alexandra House as a base to explore the local attractions or local events, including Swindon Designer Shopping Outlet, Stonehenge, Longleat and Newbury Racecourse. Convenient for visiting Cheltenham, Bath and the Cotswolds, there's an array of things to keep you amused close by. The rooms at De Vere Alexandra House are furnished to a high standard with comfy beds & a range of modern facilities including free Wi-Fi & LCD TV. Complimentary onsite parking available for guests. At the end of a busy day the outstanding health and leisure club, including indoor swimming pool, gym, all-weather tennis court, sauna and steam room is a welcome sight.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi, Tennis Courts, Games Console, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
Very pleasant surprise
Faultless from check in through meals and departure...
Cold and wearing thin at the edges
The room I stayed in was cold I turned up the radiator to max though it was still uncomfortably cold.
The room was at the end of the corridor but noisy plumbing and heating was annoying. Carpet was wearing thin at the edges. Expensive even with discount. If I ever go back I'll carefully check the room before unpacking. In fairness I didn't follow up with customer service during my stay do didn't give the hotel an opportunity to address my concerns