- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"Just the job for a weekend break..."
"Hotel was fine, providing everything you need for a stay away. However the food in Sapori restaurant was pretentious and pricey for what it..."
"This hotel is definitely for business people who are possibly just needing an overnight stay,although we stayed for leisure purposes it lack..."
"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The decor in the corridors featuring bands and movie stars was a nice touch. I thought the bathr..."
About the hotel
The Atlantic Hotel based on New Street, Chelmsford in Essex is a new breed of Hotel. . .
Our environment enables the senses to experience the harmony of light, colour, design, aroma and taste. It has evolved to incorporate the best of tradition and forward looking ideas to allow it to both look and feel modern yet comforting. So whether you're here on business or just for a leisure break we will ensure your stay is an enjoyable one! For your wellbeing ALL our guests receive complimentary use of either Ab Salute Gym or Fitness 364, both Gyms are located next to the hotel. Hotel Restaurant: SAPORI Translated "Sapori" is italian for flavours. This essence has been incorporated in every detail of this elegant restaurant and bar; from Tonino Pompeo creative menus and selected wine list, to the inviting interiors providing for a comfortable and memorable experience. The menu focuses on the region of Abruzzo on the Adriatic coast. THE MENU Sapori offers an a la carte menu, as well as a bar menu for thosewho prefer a lighter meal. Specialising in fresh seafood, home-made pasta with a variety of mouth watering sauces, rustic breads and flamboyant desserts. THE SURROUNDINGS The restaurant is comfortable, informal and stylish, with a relaxing lounge area. White leather, rich dark woods and subtle lighting complimented by aubergine and fuchia colours create a relaxing and tranquil environment.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu
- Gymnasium, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Good for the price
Just the job for a weekend break
A cold "hot" breakfast
Hotel was fine, providing everything you need for a stay away.
However the food in Sapori restaurant was pretentious and pricey for what it was. It was OK - just OK, nothing to write home about. However the breakfast was awful. The so called hot breakfast had been left in the buffet servers far too long and had gone cold. We tried the cold buffet one day because the hot option was so bad. The choice was limited and the ham had been kept in the display cabinet alongside a very ripe banana and tasted of banana rather than ham. A couple of days the buffet was removed and breakfast was cooked to order. This was a much better proposition and I think the hotel should do this as standard.