- Very Good
- 8 guest reviews
"Enjoyed our one night stay, room was clean, bed was comfy and made for a great nights sleep. Full Scottish breakfast was delicious and staff..."
"Very large hotel. If I'd been any further away from bar/dining atea would have needed a taxi back! !..."
"There was 14 of us 7 couples from early 50 to 85 in age everyone had excellent time and will certainly come back all staff were so friendly..."
"For the price, the hotel was perfectly adequate for our needs. The room was a decent size, and although the decor is quite dated, the room w..."
"We stayed for one night. The room was basic but reasonably clean, the carpet could have done with a deep cleaning. Our window had condensati..."
About the hotel
The Rob Roy is wonderfully situated in idyllic countryside at the gateway to Scotlands first National Park , and provides the ideal base for visiting the Trossachs, the Highlands and Perthshire. Named after the legendary local folk hero, the Rob Roy offers excellent food, friendly staff, and good old fashioned value for money. All of the bedrooms are in a large annex which is approx 50 yards from main hotel, are all en-suite, with colour TV, telephones, and all of the necessary modern facilities.
The hotel is a gentle one mile stroll along the banks of the river Forth to the picturesque village of Aberfoyle, and the splendours of Loch Lomond, Callendar and historic Stirling are all within easy striking distance. For the energetic, the area has a wealth of activities, from water skiing to rock climbing , and Aberfoyle Golf Club ( for which we can offer reduced rates) is situated directly across from the hotel. And for those with any energy left, the Rob Roy hosts a Saturday night Dinner & Dance throughout most of the year!
- Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 21:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Very enjoyable stay
Enjoyed our one night stay, room was clean, bed was comfy and made for a great nights sleep.
Full Scottish breakfast was delicious and staff were attentive, supplying toast and a requested fried egg very quickly.. Only negative point was being charged extra to check in at noon instead of 3pm, we had not encountered this at any other hotel we have stayed at.
Rob Roys review
Very large hotel.
If I'd been any further away from bar/dining atea would have needed a taxi back. !