- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"Great food and service. Hotel location is great. Spa facilities were great too. Only negative is the rooms were a little small...."
"The room we were occupying was quite dark, even with all the lights on. In fact a lamp shade was broken and fallen off. The only view we had..."
"On arriving we were first amazed at the beautiful setting the hotel was in then we entered the hotel , it was beautiful and spotless , staff..."
"Lovely hotel for the money...."
"I just want to state how happy I was with my stay on Friday the 17th. Upon arrival staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was b..."
About the hotel
The Whitewater Lake District Hotel is nestled in a valley on the banks of the River Leven and just over a mile away from Lake Windermere. The hotel can meet the many and varied needs of the discerning guest, whether for leisure or on business. Located in the heart of the Lake District, cycling and hiking routes are on the doorstep.
Boating trips are nearby, and Newby Bridge Rail Station is 1. 5 miles away. The 38 luxury en-suite bedrooms nearly all enjoy stunning riverside views, all rooms are spacious, ensuite and all boast free wi-fi, flat screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. Free on-site parking is also available. The fabulous Cascades Spa and Leisure Club consists of the large heated indoor pool, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, large gymnasium and even a squash court. After you have explored the area, treat yourself to a Lakeland Dining experience. the Riverside Restaurant menu reflects the wealth of fine produce this wonderful county has to offer. Our own riverside Fisherman's Bar offers an informal atmosphere for a bar lunch. Watch the wildlife on the river and admire the steam trains from the terrace.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Pitch n' Putt, Mountain Bike Hire, Squash Courts, Tennis Courts, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Great food and service.
Hotel location is great. Spa facilities were great too. Only negative is the rooms were a little small.
Lovely view of the car park
The room we were occupying was quite dark, even with all the lights on.
In fact a lamp shade was broken and fallen off. The only view we had was of the guest car park, not what you would expect when in the lake district. The blue bar restaurant was very stark and not very pleasant to eat in with regards to the atmosphere. The food however was excellent, both at breakfast and in the evening, with a wide choice of items on the menu and at the self service breakfast. The hotel has its own ndoor swimming pool which was excellent for children and adults. Overall the hotel is in an ideal area for visiting the lakes and we would stay again, if in a room with a view of the river.