- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"Booked the 4 poster, Jacuzzi room, closest to reception as my wife is not very mobile currently. Large room with everything that we needed...."
"Sadly it was a stay for business. Food was amazing and all staff had been amazing during my stay...."
"A great place to stay.Rooms were neat and tidy.Staff were very helpfull.The only downfall was the shower , needs some booster pumps...."
"Apart from the poor service at the reception we had a great stay.Amazing views and lovely place for a country escape. Swimming pool and chan..."
"Surely I can find something to moan about - but no. The rain poured but could not ruin this perfect break away. My wife has not been well an..."
About the hotel
Welcome to Damson Dene Hotel, situated in a really lovely and tranquil setting, yet only a short drive from Lake Windermere. The Damson Dene Hotel is surrounded by some of the Lake District's most spectacular scenery and has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, with open log fire and oak beams.
There are 40, sumptuoulsy and fabulouly presented guest bedrooms, including 10 with luxurious four poster beds and ensuite spa baths, we also have three brand new family annexe rooms, all rooms are ensuite with bath or shower.
'The Heron View Restaurant', offers a menu which changes everyday and offers a wide choice, using locally grown fresh produce whenever possible, much of it from our own Victorian Kitchen garden. Furthermore, while you dine, you can enjoy stunning views of the hotel’s grounds and lakeland hills beyondserving fresh, food, locally sourced where possible, we also have 'The Damson Tree' traditional bar for guests to enjoy a relaxing drink whilst enjoying wonderful lakeland views.
The landscaped gardens provide a relaxing and tranquil atmosphere for guests to enjoy.
While you are staying at Damson Dene, why not take time out to unwind or re-energise in our leisure centre. As a hotel guest you have free unlimited use throughout your stay. As well as the swimming pool there is a spa pool, sauna, steam room and gym. Pamper yourself in the salon with an aromatherapy back, neck and shoulder massage or relaxing facial, treat your hands and feet to a makeover or enjoy a bronzing St Tropez treatment.
Golfing enthusiasts may be interested to know that the renowned Windermere Golf Club with its celebrated course and magnificent fairways is situated nearby as well as a whole host of stunning attractions the Lake District has to offer.
Please note children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the room (over 16 years old). Family rooms are available for a maximum of 2 adults only.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Booked the 4 poster, Jacuzzi room, closest to reception as my wife is not very mobile currently.
Large room with everything that we needed....
Amazing staff and food
Sadly it was a stay for business.
Food was amazing and all staff had been amazing during my stay....