- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"Warm, friendly, welcoming staff and beautiful room as always. I love it when I get the opportunity to stay here, it's simply delightful and..."
"Only stayed one night but the hotel was lovely, really nice setting. Very relaxed atmosphere didn't use the Spa facilities but checked them..."
"Amazing hotel. Clean and beautiful surroundings. Couldn't hear any noise from any other room. Facilities were excellent...."
"Lovely hotel drinks on expensive side..."
About the hotel
Set in over eight acres of award winning private gardens and grounds - Rowton Hall Hotel is just 1 mile from Chester City Centre. The Hall, originally built in 1779, stands on Rowton Moor - the site of a major battle of the English Civil war between the Royalists and Parliamentarians. Established as a hotel in 1955, it still retains many of the features of the original Hall including extensive oak panelling, a self supporting hand carved staircase, an original Inglenook fireplace and an elegant Robert Adam fireplace.
Every one of our 37 rooms is individually designed- from tasteful contemporary art and furnishings to the more imaginative interiors, you will surely find a room that fits your taste. Additionally, free internet access and standard amenities are also provided.
Dining has never been easier at Rowton Hall. Our restaurant brings only the freshest ingredients for our vast options of gastronomic delights. Exceptional food and an impressive wine selection, paired with warm and unobtrusive service will surely be an unforgettable part of your Rowton Hall experience.
For a truly relaxing experience, you can head over to our spa where you can indulge in a variety of treatments or take advantage of our Health Club facilities. You can also keep active in our indoor swimming pool or in our grounds that features a tennis court and a croquet lawn.
Being only a few miles away from the historic Roman city of Chester, we are also just a few minutes away from attractions such as Chester Race Course and Chester Zoo. North Wales, Manchester and Liverpool are also easily accessible via nearby transport link and major roads.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, Croquet, Bowls, Tennis Courts, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 10 years old
- 29/07/2008 to 31/12/2017 - Please note some noise may be experienced when we have functions taking place. Unfortunately children under 6 are not permitted in our swimming pool. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Love this hotel & the service
Warm, friendly, welcoming staff and beautiful room as always.
I love it when I get the opportunity to stay here, it's simply delightful and...
misleading hotel and shabby room
The hotel did not honour our booking for a delux room.At first the hotel tried to put the error on us then They tried to blame LateRooms but it is clear from my dialogue with LateRooms that the fault was totally with the hotel.
The standard room we were allocated was small, dingy with peeling wallpaper, unsightly stains on the walls and grubby carpets. I have since seen other reviews which confirm that the room we were in has been in this state for some time