- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"The room was really hot (NO HEATING ON) I had the fan on all night. Room was very nice...."
"Have stayed there before and needed to come back to the city. Would have stayed a third night but this venue was fully booked for that date..."
"The layout of the corridors and rooms was not very good. It was hard to navigate to our room. Walking from ground floor to second floor and..."
"Well finished room, clean and everything worked...."
About the hotel
The refurbished County Hotel is a large town centre hotel located just a minutes walk from the train station, with direct routes into central London in just 35 minutes, and only a 10 minute walk from Chelmsford town centre. The County Hotel prides itself on its superb service making this an excellent place to stay if you are visiting Chelmsford or it's surrounding areas. you will also benefit from free car parking and WiFi during your stay The 50 spacious and contemporary rooms are bright and stylish and feature flat screen TV’s, free wireless internet access and Freeview and Satellite TV.
The acclaimed "Samphire" Restaurant was awarded it's first rosette in 2008 and offers a comfortable, informal yet stylish dining experience and is the perfect place to enjoy classic British food in a modern style. A separate lounge area with a bar is the perfect place to enjoy your favourite tipple. Our events calander is varied and long and includes such things as Murder Mystery dinners and dinner dances. With Chelmsford Museum, Essex County Cricket Club, Riverside Ice and Leisure and Chelmsford Cathedral amongst other attractions all within walking distance of the hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- 01/12/2016 to 31/12/2016 - all Friday and Saturdays in December we hold public dinner dances with disco music till midnight also on these nights the restaurant will not be available, food will be available in our Lounge Bar The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
The room was really hot (NO HEATING ON) I had the fan on all night.
Room was very nice.