- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"Stayed here about 3 times and the spa is excellent if you get the chance. Food usually good but last experience was poor. Maybe I was unluck..."
"The service we received from all the staff was excellent . Alison on reception was extremely helpful in sorting out my prepaid laterooms.com..."
"great spa. two log burners in bars. just what you want when its cold wet winter days. breakfast very good...."
"Friendly, happy to help staff and good value for money :-) we enjoyed the spa facilities too!..."
"Rooms comfortable and nicely decorated. Hotel well situated for easy access to town centre. Excellent health spa facilities attached...."
About the hotel
Dower House Hotel - Dating back to the 15th century -BW Dower House & Spa is set in 1 acre of gardens in the traditional market town of Knaresborough in the heart of Yorkshire - This 29 bedroom hotel offers a warm and friendly welcome to business and leisure guests alike - Award winning Storm Restaurant offers an excellent range of dishes and wines served in comfortable and relaxed surroundings and is one of the finest restaurants in the area - The Imagine Health & Spa has an indoor pool and whirlpool - sauna - steam room and full gymnasium and offers guests the perfect place to relax after a busy day at work - walking in the Dales or wandering around Harrogate and the antique shops of York - Together with our lounge and bar - both with crackling fires in the winter - and our garden and terrace in the summer - the Dower House is the ideal base for your trip to the Harrogate area - It is ideally located for access - being just 3 miles from the A1-M1 motorway and half an hour from Leeds Bradford airport - the major seaport of Hull is just 1 hour away - and the town of Harrogate is just next door - The hotel also offers conference and banqueting facilities for up to 70 people
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 23:00
- Up to 8 years old
- 20/02/2013 to 31/12/2022 - *Pets allowed at an additional charge. Please check at time of booking.* The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Nice town, nice Spa
Stayed here about 3 times and the spa is excellent if you get the chance.
Food usually good but last experience was poor. Maybe I was unlucky. Fish and Chips, under the surface the batter was raw/liquid. Sent it back but next piece of fish was really oily. Dessert was good
Lovely stay at Dower House
The service we received from all the staff was excellent .
Alison on reception was extremely helpful in sorting out my prepaid laterooms.com booking, which when I rang to confirm my booking, didn't appear to be pre paid. Anyway it was quickly sorted and she got back to me to let me know. She was then on reception as we arrived, and checked us in very efficiently. We found every member of staff that we came across that weekend, to be very friendly and happy in their work. We came away thinking what a lovely weekend we had had.