- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel to stay at. Staff are very welcoming and rooms were very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others...."
"Would definetly go back..."
"This is the second time we have been to the Wild Boar and it was just as good as I remembered. The staff were attentive and delivered fantas..."
"food amazing. would definitely go again..."
"This was a birthday long weekend away. Had an amazing time. The hotel is stunning, wood burning fires in most areas which are always lit whi..."
About the hotel
We are delighted to welcome you to The Wild Boar, a 4 star property with a wide range of bedroom accommodation from comfortable classic country style through to sheer indulgent luxury. Full of character, the onsite Grill and Smokehouse serves locally-sourced produce and seasonal ingredients. The Wild Boar also has a bar with real local ales, craft ales brewed in our onsite Brewhouse, extensive Whisky collection, a wine cellar and an open fires.
Set in the ancient beauty of the Gilpin Valley, The Wild Boar takes its name from the local legend of Sir Richard de Gilpin who bravely fought and killed a particularly ferocious wild boar close by. However, its fame these days has much more to do with the warmest of welcomes and standard of service complemented by our individually designed rooms, and open kitchen offering more theatre to the overall dining experience. If you do want to get a little closer to nature and the legend of Sir Richard de Gilpin, explore The Wild Boar's private ancient woodland with nature trails exclusively for guests. Indeed The Wild Boar has a very special quality that is often best experienced whilst relaxing by the open fire.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Video/DVD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The Wild Boar
Lovely hotel to stay at.
Staff are very welcoming and rooms were very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
Would definetly go back