- Very Good
- 2 guest reviews
"I booked 2 x single room and with short notice but we checked in to 2 very large doubles. Whilst this could have been down to luck and avail..."
"Wonderful country mansion hotel. Dinner was exceptional with a very good choice of wines. Unfortunately service at breakfast was not so good..."
About the hotel
Esseborne, a Victorian country house sitting high on the hill above the lovely Bourne Valley, amidst the splendour of the North Wessex Downs, was for 80 years a private country retreat. Once referred to as being 'invitingly snug', the house still retains the feel of a private home with luxuriously decorated rooms, an abundance of fresh flowers and fruit in the comfortable lounges, bedrooms where you are pampered with fine linen, fluffy towels & robes, local spring water & home made biscuits, and warm & caring staff, all the comforts of home. The Bourne Valley is in an area designated one of outstanding natural beauty with its river meandering through rich farmland, sheep filled meadows & thatched villages with ancient churches & character pubs.
Close by the historic cities of Winchester & Salisbury, mystical Stonehenge and Highclere Castle are well worth a visit. Seated in landscaped gardens, surrounded by rolling countryside, only 7 miles from Andover & Newbury. Shooting, golf, horseriding and fishing nearby.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV
- Croquet, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Value for money
I booked 2 x single room and with short notice but we checked in to 2 very large doubles.
Whilst this could have been down to luck and availability, my colleague and I were very pleased with them
Food very good, although a little on the expensive side, and the staff were really attentive - we waited for nothing
Lovely setting a gem in the Hampshire countryside
Wonderful country mansion hotel.
Dinner was exceptional with a very good choice of wines. Unfortunately service at breakfast was not so good as we waited for over half an hour from placing our order to being served a very below par breakfast, we were sorry that we didn't skip it and hit the road earlier.