- 79 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel. Enjoyable walk into York. 10 minutes to the bridge...."
"We stayed one night at the Mount Royale and it was an excellent choice. Just a short walk into the centre, lots of shops, bars, restaurants..."
"No further comment requird..."
"This was a last minute booking, had some days off together. The hotel is a modest walk from the city centre - about 20 minutes. Lovely old b..."
"My wife and i always visit York every xmas, we have tried various hotels and never found one that we thought was worth staying all the time..."
About the hotel
The epitome of a country house living - with a relaxing old world feel with all modern luxuries. Within walking distance of the historical, cultural and famous City of York. It is easy to access by rail, road and an international airport 20 minutes away.
Unique, antique filled rooms, heated outdoor pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub open all year set in English gardens, spa and exquisite restaurant! Unfortunately we cannot accommodate stag or hen do's. We do have off street parking in front of the Hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Outdoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi, CD Player, CD Library
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Enjoyable walk into York. 10 minutes to the bridge....
We stayed one night at the Mount Royale and it was an excellent choice.
Just a short walk into the centre, lots of shops, bars, restaurants...