- 26 guest reviews
"We decided to go away for Xmas holiday this year, we decided upon the hotel principal because we liked the idea of a spa hotel. The hotel en..."
"2nd time we've stayed now, beautiful hotel, friendly staff, would highly recommend...."
"This hotel was excellent. From the minute you arrived, the staff were friendly, welcoming, professional and really helpful, from the door ma..."
"We had booked this break some time ago. Luckily having read previous reviews we were made aware that our room may be in the annexe and not t..."
About the hotel
The Principal York (formerly The Royal York Hotel) has been restored to splendour by interior architects Goddard Littlefair, creating a dramatic sense of arrival and sweeping views into the new Garden Room and York Minster in the background; the new Refectory restaurant and Chapter House bar complete the picture. Close to major road links, the Royal York hotel is easy to find and get to. Just 20 minutes from the M1 and M18, the hotel is located directly opposite York train station.
Leeds Bradford Airport is also only approximately 25 miles north, following the A64. All rooms at the Royal York Hotel have been lovingly refurbished to ensure guest comfort, with rich, soft furnishings to 40 inch flat screen TVs, expertly balancing comfort and luxury with intuitive technology and modern designs. Guests can choose to stay in a Classic Double, Superior Double, Deluxe Double, Junior Suite or Executive suite – whichever you choose, we are sure you won’t be disappointed. Guests can relax in the leisure club which has an indoor swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, spa and fully equipped gym. The Refectory Kitchen and Terrace and Chapter House bar offer fresh, local and seasonal dishes to tempt every palate. Guests also have the option to indulge in Afternoon Tea, served in the recently refurbished Garden Room. As the Royal York Hotel is locates in the heart of the stunning city of York, it offers easy access to everything York and the surrounding areas have to offer. From a wander along the ancient city walls, to a stroll along the banks of the river Ouse, guests who like to meander along will find much to satisfy them. Alternatively, visitors can hop on a York Sightseeing bus for a tour of all the city’s highlights, or just go straight on to some of the many attractions York has to offer; The York Dungeon, York Minster or the National Railway Museum to name a few! If shopping is more your thing, York has a fine selection of shops and boutiques to explore, where one can pick up anything from a designer label to a unique gift or antique. Free Wifi is available throughout the hotel, and whilst parking is available at the hotel, please note this is chargeable at a flat rate of £5 a day.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Porter
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View)
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
The Principal York
We decided to go away for Xmas holiday this year, we decided upon the hotel principal because we liked the idea of a spa hotel.
The hotel en...
The Principal York