- 3 guest reviews
"Toilet did not flush even after I pointed that out after first night. No isolation to door meaning you heard everyone else in the corridor...."
"On arrival we were given a room that didn't match the speciifcation of what I had booked, i.e. no river view terrace. After a discussion wit..."
"Whilst the overall experience of Danesfield House was excellent I do feel there could be a bit more attention to detail in respect of the ro..."
About the hotel
Danesfield House Hotel and Spa is located between Marlow and Henley-on-Thames in Buckinghamshire, just 30 minutes away from central London. This stunning country house is surrounded by 65 acres of landscaped gardens and parkland. The Terrace doors' unveil the private grounds with the River Thames as backdrop.
Walk around and discover the Italian and water gardens, tennis court and croquet lawn. The Grade II listed house was completed in 1901 and during World War II Danesfield House was requisitioned as a base for the RAF Reconnaissance and Photography Section. Spa Illuminata Danesfield House follows the steps of its sister Spa Illuminata Mayfair. An award-winning spa, specialising in overall wellbeing and relaxation, featuring a 20 metre swimming pool, eight treatment rooms, studio and fully equipped gym. The Spa offers residential experiences, day spa, treatments and health club membership. The Restaurant at Danesfield House its known for great simple food. Chef Billy Reid is passionate about seasonal produce and our lunch menu changes weekly to reflect this. The Restaurant is located on the ground floor and comprises three dining areas, The Orangery, The Oak Room and The Terrace. The Cocktail Bar is adjacent to The Restaurant, the perfect place to enjoy an aperitif before dinner. In the warmer months The Terrace is ideal for alfresco dining, and many choose to enjoy our quintessentially British afternoon tea overlooking the gardens.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Croquet, Tennis Courts, Snooker/Billiards
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Nice Hotel with excellent service and view
Toilet did not flush even after I pointed that out after first night.
No isolation to door meaning you heard everyone else in the corridor.
Hit and miss!!
On arrival we were given a room that didn't match the speciifcation of what I had booked, i.e.
no river view terrace. After a discussion with a very helpful manager at reception we were allocated another room which was as expected - although he did express concern at how we had been able to book a specific style of room?. Restaurant staff were 'cold and unwelcoming', almost too efficient and room service was a bit of disaster. The room itself however was great, the spa was enjoyable and the venue is a stunning building with beautiful gardens.