- Very Good
- 65 guest reviews
"The hotel is impressive to look at and our room was enormous, with a clean bathroom and useful extra pillows, hairdryer etc. The reception a..."
"A Great stay, thank you. we were a little worried reading some of the reviews which seemed a bit hit and miss. Don`t worry though we found i..."
"Lady on reception asked for a £10.00 charge for our dog, which really annoyed me, as this wasn't advertised anywhere on the booking form or..."
"Everything was great in this large grand old building except for the parking charge for hotel patrons !..."
"I booked a double room and was given a Twin, even though it stated a Double on the receipt that was handed to me. The hotel was fully booked..."
About the hotel
The spa town of Buxton is in the heart of the Peak District, one of Britain's most beautiful national parks. Famed for the healthy properties of its mineral water, the area offers stunning scenery with dramatic cliffs, waterfalls and caves. The hotel is renowned locally and nationally for its standards of customer service, cuisine and accommodation.
The beautiful Victorian architecture is matched by richly decorated rooms, and the hotel successfully combines traditional heritage with state-of-the-art facilities. It is the perfect base to visit the Peak District whatever the nature of your stay. All 122 bedrooms including 4 suites are very well furnished and equipped to the standard you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Most rooms have wonderful views over the town of Buxton and gardens. The hotel has excellent leisure facilities that include a 14-metre swimming pool. Perfect for relaxing or energising your stay. The Dovedale Restaurant offers excellent cuisine and fine wines in a relaxed and peaceful environment. Car parking available onsite £4. 50 Per 24 Hour(s).
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Babysitting services, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- 08/09/2015 to 08/09/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
A bit of both
The hotel is impressive to look at and our room was enormous, with a clean bathroom and useful extra pillows, hairdryer etc.
The reception a...
half term break
A Great stay, thank you.
we were a little worried reading some of the reviews which seemed a bit hit and miss. Don`t worry though we found i...