- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"The food is really nice just not much of a evening meal choice. TVs in bedroom need to be bigger...."
"Although the hotel is set in pleasant rural surroundings, local walking is not encouraged. Entry to the golf course even after all play is f..."
"This was an excellent simple value for money hotel. If it had air conditioning it would be even better as it was very warm and humid...."
"No lift to first floor bedrooms, we had a Baby in a pram, so had to carry this up and down the stair..."
"I found the room to be very well set out, comfortable and clean. The staff at the main reception are very well trained and very polite. The..."
About the hotel
If you are looking for stylish, comfortable and contemporary accommodation in Colchester, Essex, look no further. Whether it's a weekend spa or golf break you desire, a beautiful wedding venue, or long stay corporate travel, our Lodge's 42 en-suite bedrooms are perfect for your every need.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Golf 9 Hole, Golf 18 Hole, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Tennis Courts, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 00:00
- Up to 16 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Junior Suite not worth the extra money
I've stayed a few times in the double rooms, junior suite and the largest Garden Suite room.
The extra £20 gets you a sofa tucked in a recess at the end of the room where you can't see the TV. The sofa appeared to have a cigarette scorch in the cover, and the springs in the bed twanged at random intervals if I moved in the bed (I'm not exactly heavy). Don't bother upgrading would be my advice.
The Essex Golf and Country Club
The food is really nice just not much of a evening meal choice.
TVs in bedroom need to be bigger.