- 8 guest reviews
"Spent a night at this beautiful hotel. Rooms where so spacious and comfy for being in the centre of Manchester this is a wonderful hotel and..."
"I have stayed here many years ago so I can make a comparison with the past.The entrance area appears basically to be the same. Our bedroom w..."
"The hotel has recently been refurbished and it has been done beautifully. The rooms were immaculate and had nice little touches like bottled..."
"Stayed in double room which was very large and clean. Bathroom excellent Shame the room was behind railway line as was disturbed by trains..."
"The hotel staff were very quick to remedy a mix-up with our booking and offered to refund the pet supplement we had paid, as well as providi..."
About the hotel
The Principal Manchester (Formally The Palace) is being given a multi-million pound facelift. Brand new, loft-style bedrooms and suites offer some of the most comfortable, distinctive and generously appointed hotel rooms in the city, with brand new beds and televisions, Neal’s Yard bathroom amenities and round-the-clock room service. You can be one of the very first guests to experience the new-look The Principal Manchester – and enjoy great value, introductory rates whilst the builders put the finishing touches to public spaces and the destination bar and restaurant, opening later this summer.
Situated right in the heart of vibrant Manchester on Oxford St, sits the iconic four-star The Principal Manchester with its distinctive clock tower soaring over the Manchester skyline. For business, you are at the very centre of the commercial and business district, opposite Oxford Rd train station and just a 10 minute walk from Piccadilly station both of which are served frequently from Manchester International Airport. For short break guests, you’re in an extremely convenient location to uncover everything that Manchester has to offer. The Palace Theatre is across the road, Harvey Nichols and the main shopping district is close-by as is the Opera House, Manchester Central, the MEN Arena for world-famous concerts and Bridgewater Hall, home to the amazing Halle Orchestra. For football fanatics, Manchester is home to United and City and both stadiums can be reached easily from The Principal Manchester. Parking is available at NCP Manchester Palace Car park’ on Whitworth Street a short walk from the hotel. The reduced rate for 24 hours/Overnight car parking is £15. This is payable locally at the Hotel. ‘We will be investing in the future of this historic building to create a stunning new restaurant and destination bar. Whilst we are doing so, from January to August 2016, our current restaurant will be closed. We look forward to revealing our new look and restoring The Principal Manchester to its original glory. ’
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Translation Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (Other)
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Spent a night at this beautiful hotel.
Rooms where so spacious and comfy for being in the centre of Manchester this is a wonderful hotel and...
The Principal Manchester
I have stayed here many years ago so I can make a comparison with the past.The entrance area appears basically to be the same.
Our bedroom w...