- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"Smashing room with superb view and lovely comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast, and customer sevice second to none,. Cant fault the experien..."
"Hotel coped brilliantly with the mayhem created by the massive quantity of rain that fell in Grasmere..."
"By just spot on I do not mean they have just managed perfection. L mean there is no more they can achieve. Every time I stay here I rely on..."
"Friendly and helpful receptionist. Enjoyed bar meal of fish and chips with 15% off for early bird.Lovely fireside lounges to relax in. The b..."
About the hotel
Built in 1650 as a coaching inn, and referred to in Wordsworth's poem 'The Waggoner', the Swan Hotel is one of the oldest hotels in the Lake District. Nestled in the Cumbrian countryside, with views across the Fells and access to several challenging trails, this cosy and inviting hotel is ideal for walkers and cyclists. With open sunny vistas in summer and blazing log fires in winter, The Swan is the ideal base for exploring the wonders of the Lake District.
Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 10/10/2011 to 30/10/2020 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Smashing room with superb view and lovely comfortable bed.
Excellent breakfast, and customer sevice second to none,. Cant fault the experience, and would definitely recommend.
Flooding in Cumbria
Hotel coped brilliantly with the mayhem created by the massive quantity of rain that fell in Grasmere