- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"Great room and the staff could not do more. The only downside is the car parking. Next time we will come on the train!..."
"I booked the room at the last minute and got a really good deal. The hotel was fab and our room was lovely with little extras like a tuck bo..."
"We upgraded to a "Superior" room but were not particularly impressed. Room was quite small, tiles in the bathroom were cracked and no bathro..."
"Had a lovely time in a lovely hotel. My only complaint is the noise outside our room early morning as it seems with late room bookings you s..."
"An excellently located hotel. Deluxe room very well appointed though a little small, but with amazing bathroom. Hotel restaurant dinner was..."
About the hotel
Award-winning luxury hotel and conference venue in the heart of historic Edinburgh. When it comes to hotels in Edinburgh, very few can compete with the style and sophistication of The Principal Edinburgh George Street (Formally The George). Interior architects Goddard Littlefield have created a sense of restored grandeur by means of sympathetic restoration, simple detailing and the use of rich materials.
The Principal Edinburgh George Street is a fantastic place to stay whether you are on a work trip or a fabulous city break. It is regularly sought out for conferences and boasts nine conference and event suites, including the roof top Forth View meeting room with breath-taking views across Edinburgh. The Printing Press has quickly become a destination restaurant in Edinburgh, serving seasonal, Scottish produce throughout the day and night. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a late-night bar until 1am, The Printing Press will become a welcome addition to Edinburgh’s vibrant restaurant scene. Easily accessible by road, rail and air, The Principal Edinburgh George Street is just a few minutes’ walk from Waverley Station, plus a plethora of local attractions including the famous Castle, Princess Street Gardens and Holyrood Palace. Edinburgh International Airport is just a short journey away. A little further afield is Edinburgh Zoo and Leith Port which is now home to the Royal Yacht Britannia. Car parking is available close to the hotel at the NCP or there is on street metered parking between 08. 30 and 18. 30. We also now have a tram line serving the city and our nearest stop is St. Andrews Square, which is 300 metres from the hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 12/09/2016 to 31/12/2025 - £30 Extra fee will be incurred when travelling with a dog. Dog friendly rooms are limited to Deluxe Double and Superior Twin rooms. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Great room and the staff could not do more.
The only downside is the car parking. Next time we will come on the train!...
I booked the room at the last minute and got a really good deal.
The hotel was fab and our room was lovely with little extras like a tuck bo...