- Very Good
- 2 guest reviews
"Good: good deal, nice small room, beautiful views from all public rooms, nicely renovated, lovely grounds, interesting museum, staff did tur..."
"Amazing scenery and surroundings. The staff were polite and helpful. The rooms were old fashioned which suited the style of the building per..."
About the hotel
The Atholl Palace Hotel, the epitome of Scottish baronial splendour, stands imposingly overlooking wooded parkland grounds and the town of Pitlochry. Originally opened as the Athole Hydropathic in Victorian times, the property is now a major resort and destination with spectacular gardens, a spa and a museum featuring the life and times of the hotel. Welcome to a unique location, where the sounds of bagpipes may frequently be heard, where you will not forget the view of Ben-y-Vrackie as you stroll on the terrace in the evening sun, where a genuinely warm Highland welcome awaits you.
Relax in the chandelier-lit lounges with log fires, or use some of the leisure facilities. The hotel features: an indoor swimming pool; Jacuzzi; sauna; fully-equipped gym; 9-hole pitch and putt course; putting green; tennis courts and snooker. An ideal centre for touring Scotland, with most areas being easily reachable on a day trip, during your stay you can also explore the wonderful natural surroundings. There are a number of walking and hiking trails as well as a number of adventure sports, including white-water rafting.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Fitness Centre, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Pitch n' Putt, Tennis Courts, Snooker/Billiards
- In Room Entertainment
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 14 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A baronial style country hotel in lovely setting
Good: good deal, nice small room, beautiful views from all public rooms, nicely renovated, lovely grounds, interesting museum, staff did turn down music in bar and dining room when requested
Not good: kept awake by banging scaffolding outside bedroom, woken up by alarm call at 6.30 not 7.30 as requested, too loud sexist dining manager calling waitresses girls, unpleasant music in bar and dining room
Amazing scenery and surroundings.
The staff were polite and helpful. The rooms were old fashioned which suited the style of the building perfectly.