- Very Good
- 42 guest reviews
"Hotel very comfortable and staff very obliging ,good value for money...."
"Excellent value , friendly staff, food adequate, good location for town ans sea. Hotel caters for mainly elderly coach tours so is geared fo..."
"We arrived from the west Midlands. Very tired.took 4 hours.to reach there.the first glimpse of the hotel was amazing. On the top of a hill.c..."
"We stay here a lot and are very happy...."
"Hotel was welcoming. We loved the humour. Food was fantabulous. Would not hesitate to come back. You cannot go wrong booking here ...."
About the hotel
Set within its own grounds with lawns and sun patio, the Devonshire Hotel is just a few minutes away from Torquay harbour and the town centre. Situated on the hill above the town, the area around the hotel is flat, close to the popular Blue Flag-rated Meadfoot beach. With our comfortable accommodations and strategic location, Devonshire Hotel is a great value-for-money choice while in this part of Devon.
Our 75 well-appointed bedrooms are centrally heated and equipped with shower and/or bath, digital TV, and tea- and coffee-making facilities. Comfortable lounge areas or the sun patio provide the perfect setting in which to enjoy morning coffee or afternoon tea. The spacious dining room overlooking the garden serves homely food with a great atmosphere. A good selection of wines to accompany your meal are available from the bar. At night, the dining room is cleared and becomes our entertainment lounge where we play host to some of the best live acts in Torquay. During summer (May to September), our outdoor heated pool is available for your enjoyment after a day of sightseeing. Other recreation facilities on site include a putting green and games room with billiards and table tennis. We offer free Wi-Fi in most rooms and in all public areas. We offer three accessible rooms and one pet-friendly room (no added cost). Free on-site and off-site parking are also provided.
Devonshire Hotel is close to many of the town's attractions like Living Coasts, Torquay's Dinosaur World and Torrey Abbey. For those not wishing to make the short walk up or down the hill to the town, there is a regular bus service that you can take. You can also go on short drives to Kents Cavern Prehistoric Caves, Paignton Zoo and Splashdown Quaywest. We are open all year round taking in coach parties and self-drive guests. We are a friendly hotel run by the same manager for the last 10 years and have now been awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2016.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Outdoor Pool, Pitch n' Putt, Table Tennis, Snooker/Billiards, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 17 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel very comfortable and staff very obliging ,good value for money.
Excellent value , friendly staff, food adequate, good location for town ans sea.
Hotel caters for mainly elderly coach tours so is geared for that clientel.