- 22 guest reviews
"Noise from room above was a little annoying. Excellent breakfast served by a nice lady...."
"We were welcomed in the car park on our late evening arrival (thanks to the M25) just before closing time by our host and shown our room. We..."
"A very pleasant few days in Herefordshire, good food especially recommend the Sunday lunch good location for visiting Croft Castle Berringto..."
"Good option if you want somewhere that serves dinner too - very impressed with the evening meal offerings (and breakfast was great too!). On..."
"fabulous place and the food was amazing very impressed...."
About the hotel
Whether you are seeking accommodation for a short break or you are on business in North Herefordshire, the Bateman Arms is the place for you. Recently recognised in the Laterooms Top Rated Awards as defined by guests in 2014, we pride ourselves on the warm welcome, comfortable rooms and fabulous, locally sourced food that you will be offered during your stay. The Bateman is centrally placed in Shobdon Village to take advantage of the beautiful and much fought over Marches area and walkers paradise.
Thankfully the owners (Tracy & Simon) are focussed on giving you a much warmer welcome than the English gave the Welsh centuries ago. We offer a Public bar with dart boards, a comfortable Lounge bar, and a Restaurant Room. For accommodation we offer six well appointed, en suite rooms in the Stone Coach House situated in the large car park and adjacent to the Inn, while the large garden offers space for children to run off steam as Mum and Dad relax. Dog owners please note that there is a £10 a night surcharge per room per pooch however small and lovable it is. This covers the extra cleaning that is generally required. For those who want to eat with their dogs you are welcome to but in the lower bar or garden areas only. We are not doggist as this policy applies to owners who bring bears, giraffes and other furry animals to the Bateman Arms.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Smoking allowed in public areas, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Fishing, Quad Biking, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting, [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- 12:00 22:00
- Up to 11 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Noise from room above was a little annoying.
Excellent breakfast served by a nice lady....
Welcome to Shobdon
We were welcomed in the car park on our late evening arrival (thanks to the M25) just before closing time by our host and shown our room.