- 9 guest reviews
"One Night Only...."
"This hotel is hidden gem. It has charm and history the staff are very pleasant and helpful we upgraded to a larger room which was roomy and..."
"We have now stayed in this hotel on three occasions. The rooms have all been good. The slightly more expensive rooms are really pretty big a..."
"Stayed here twice now when on the way to Great Yorkshire Show. Lovely old country hotel, beautiful gardens and always seems sunny there!! Lo..."
"Spur of the moment stay, lovely old building, very welcoming staff, room a bit disappointing when you look at the website pictures. Food was..."
About the hotel
Monk Fryston Hall is a stately and picturesque mansion situated in the small village of Monk Fryston deep within the Vale of York. Dating back to the 1500s, the hall and its grounds evoke a colourful history. Today, Monk Fryston hall is a grand hotel offering guests tranquillity, charm and tradition whilst maintaining high standards of service.
The oldest portion of Monk Fryston Hall Hotel dates back over 800 years where the original building contained vaulted ceilings, a wealth of stonework and inglenook fireplaces; the building was a monastery around the 12th / 13th Century when land was given to Benedictine monks by the Bishop of York. As the centuries passed, later additions included stone mullioned windows, oak panelling and stone terracing around the main house. Elegant gardens were added to enhance the enjoyment of the residents who were always pillars of the local community. In the 18th Century the owners established a zoo with a collection of animals, an aviary and boating on a lake in the grounds. A folly was added in the form of an imitation of a famous bridge, The Lucerne Bridge, with paintings from “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner”. In 1954 the manor house was purchased by the Duke of Rutland who ran it as a country hotel; it is now owned and managed by a privately owned company, Monk Fryston Hall Hotel Limited The current owners are committed to preserving the special nature of the hotel and its environment with attention to the building’s fabric and unique gardens.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Monk Fryston Hall Hotel Ltd.
One Night Only....
Lovely Venue- Run Down and dirty
Toilets to the lounge area were disgusting, Clearly not been cleaned properly for moths your feet stuck to the floor.
My room looked like it was from the eighties and was very small and tired looking. Yet the building and lounge with open fire were beautiful. Just needs some investment and cleaners!