- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"We have stayed here before but unfortunately this visit was not up to standard. Although the room was tastefully decorated there was a damp..."
"What a wonderfully quirky place to stay. The rooms are well equipped and comfortable but the Pack's prize asset must be it's staff. Nothing..."
"My Son and I stayed at this hotel for one night whilst hiking along the South West Coast Path. Its a great little hotel with a very good res..."
"From the moment we walked in we were made welcome. The inn was quirky but we chose to stay here for that. We are evening and breakfast meals..."
"We stayed for a long weekend for my partner's birthday. I chose the pub as it was quirky and it was old - we love old buildings. We were not..."
About the hotel
Hello and welcome to the Pack o' cards. Situated in the beautiful seaside village of Combe Martin, the Pack o' Cards Inn is a unique Grade 2* Listed Ancient Monument and has been featured on the Paul Daniels Magic Show on BBC television. Constructed in 1690 to resemble a deck of cards card castle,it was built to the size of 52ft x 53 ft ,the cards in a pack including a Joker Card, has four floors to represent the suits in a pack,13 doors on each floor,13 fireplaces, the number of cards in a suit, and prior to William Pitts window tax ,the panes of glass in all of the windows added up to the total value of a pack of cards.
Nestling on the edge of Exmoor, Lorna Doone Country,with plenty of free car parking, and less than a 10 minute stroll to the beach and the sea,the Pack o' Cards is the ideal base for your stay in North Devon. All of our bedrooms have been recently refurbished and decorated. And, for that special why not stay in one of the larger rooms ,The Pink Room which is a 4 poster King size bed or The Fuschia Room, also a King size bed with its wonderful ornate ceiling, pure luxury. We have a fine selection of real ales and lagers, including our own Pack o' Cards ale which is especially brewed for us and is not available anywhere else in the UK, and you can enjoy excellent meals in our 3 restaurants or our riverside garden. there is also 2 playground areas for younger and older children. So come and visit one of Britain's most unusual follies - it is sure to be a unique experience!
- Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Limited room service for hot food
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Massage, Fishing, Quad Biking, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Sailing, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, CD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 5 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
Room smelt damp and shower was cold
We have stayed here before but unfortunately this visit was not up to standard.
Although the room was tastefully decorated there was a damp...
The Pack of Cards
What a wonderfully quirky place to stay.
The rooms are well equipped and comfortable but the Pack's prize asset must be it's staff. Nothing...