- Very Good
- 40 guest reviews
"Whole stay was great apart from one bit , as when was checking in a male member of staff pulled a female member of desk staff to near the br..."
"Clean and suitable room to meet requirements of trip..."
"A very pleant stay..."
"I had a lovely stay, all the staff where lovely, and the hotel was so much nicer than I had expected. I don't think the website shows how ni..."
"Nice size room, very clean and lovely location...."
About the hotel
A quiet woodland backdrop in 9 acres of rolling English countryside sets the scene for a stay that's well and truly relaxing whether you're on business or just taking a break; and whilst our heritage stretches back to 1287, we've been brought bang up to date with fresh, contemporary interiors including our light, airy Brasserie serving great seasonal food and all-time favourites too. What’s more as an independent hotel we’re able to be completely flexible, so whatever your hotel needs in and around St Albans and Hemel Hempstead may be, we’re at your service! Come and try us out. Our rooms are decorated in a soothing classic contemporary style with big welcoming beds, soft duvets and fresh white linen, all designed to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Whether you fancy a simple burger, a fresh salad or one of our signature dishes such as the Whole Roasted Partridge, you'll find our light, bright Brasserie is perfect for relaxing over a long, lazy lunch, grabbing a speedy bite to eat or settling in for the evening to celebrate a special occasion with friends and family. A friendly, laid back atmosphere - just right for getting together with friends and colleagues for a few drinks or a light meal. From fresh coffee in the morning to late cocktails and snacks before heading off to bed, we're completely flexible. Not to be missed is Afternoon Tea at Aubrey Park. Freshly made scones and homemade cakes are just a couple of the delights on the menu at the moment, perfect for a little indulgence any day of the week whether it's in the Bar & Lounge itself or outside on the terrace. FREE wi-fi and Onsight car parking for guests! We also accepts pet - a charge would apply
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
New Year's Eve stay
The hotel is surprisingly big and easy to get lost.
But it's clean and pretty. There was a lot of parking but gets full very fast. The staff are useless, no sense of personality and quite rude to be honest, they stare a lot and you don't feel comfortable at all. We had a delicious dinner which was a good price, however the menu was small with little variety and our 3 drinks came to the same price as the food!!!. Overall I would say it's a nice hotel but needs new staff or better standards for current staff.
Maybe 4 Star but Disappointing
Found checking in efficient but rather unfriendly.
The room was lovely though. More spacious than most rooms we have stayed in. After dinner, we asked at Reception for a bottle of water for our room. It was free on the table, but we were just told, quite coldly, to ask at the bar. We had a few drinks in the bar area and went back to the room. We had no sleep at all, due to the Xmas Party guests that were staying. Noise all night, from slamming doors, shouting, someone thinking it was funny to knock loudly on your door. Not once did we hear the hotel staff asking people to be quiet. Breakfast was lovely. Good choice of items. On checking out, we were so tired, we could not wait in the queue to complain, so just left the room card on the reception desk.