- Very Good
- 38 guest reviews
"Excellent base for sightseeing. Very nice rooms. Lift was a bonus. Friendly staff and good food...."
"An old Inn, sympathetically refurbished and brought up to a good standard. Very well appointed and comfortable rooms and very welcoming staf..."
"Beautifully refurbished, feels luxurious, and great well priced restaurant...."
"Superb, will be returning...."
"Hotel ideally situated for both walkers and birders. Limited parking within hotel grounds but local pay & display within 2 minute walk from..."
About the hotel
The team offer you a warm welcome to The Royal Ship Hotel, Dolgellau. The Royal Ship Hotel is an early 19th century Coaching Inn, in the heart of the old Market Town of Dolgellau. We are ideally situated to explore the beauty of North and Mid Wales.
Located in the picturesque Snowdonia National Park. The Hotel is surrounded by mountains, rivers and fishing lakes and is only a few minutes drive from the coast of the Irish Sea. It is the perfect place for a relaxing holiday or short break. The Hotel offers 23 bedrooms. There are 17 en suite rooms and the remaining 6 rooms have private allocated bathrooms. You can choose between Single, Double, Twin or Triple rooms. Some of our rooms have an attractive view over the Town Square and the Cader Idris Mountain Range. All rooms are well equipped with tea & coffee facilities, TV and local tourist information. We can cater for large groups and families. Pets welcome at an extra charge of £5 per night. Surrounded by Mountains, Rivers, Lakes and the Seaside, you are spoiled for choice with the activities this stunning landscape has to offer. Walking, Biking, Lake & River Fishing, Wild Water Rafting, Canoeing, Hill Climbing, High Adventure Parks, Trekking, Golfing, Bird Watching, atmospheric native Welsh Castles and the magnificent Edwardian World Heritage Castles. So whatever your interest or passion for the outside world involves, The Royal Ship is the place for you. This historic Coaching Inn has 23 individually furnished bedrooms, a comfortable coffee lounge, bar and a restaurant.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
The Royal Ship Hotel
Excellent base for sightseeing.
Very nice rooms. Lift was a bonus. Friendly staff and good food.
A Pleasant Welsh experience
An old Inn, sympathetically refurbished and brought up to a good standard.
Very well appointed and comfortable rooms and very welcoming staff. Excellent food quality and caring service. Nice atmosphere and a good location to enjoy this wonderful part of Wales. A room concern was dealt with quickly, although it was not possible to fully resolve the problem. The bed and breakfast tariff was somewhat high, given the available facilities i.e. Limited parking and no leisure options. Great place to stay however, especially as a centre for touring with a good quality hotel to improve the experience.