- 10 guest reviews
"Very Pleasant Stay...."
"The hotel upon arrival looked a little run down from the outside. Inside had an old fashioned look to it but was clean and welcoming. The ro..."
"We stayed for one night and it was great. Super comfy room with a cracking view over the harbour to the Abbey. Polite staff who looked after..."
"At the price £99 per night suprised that no toiletries supplied in the bathroom, had trouble getting an iron as other guest hadn't returned..."
"The hotel overall is a little dated and tired but not lacking in character. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a superior room o..."
About the hotel
Taking pride of place on Whitby's West Cliff opposite the famous whale bones arch and overlooking Whitby harbour, with breathtaking views of Whitby Abbey and the sea, the Royal Hotel is steeped in history and heritage. Boasting tastefully decorated public areas and warm, comfortable bedrooms with everything you would expect from a modern establishment, the Royal Hotel is an extremely popular destination which is frequented by many returning customers thanks to the great hospitality provided by our warm and friendly team. Our Ballroom offers a great variety of entertainment, and guests can also enjoy the marvellous views from the comfortable restaurant and bar.
The Royal Hotel is in an ideal location, just a few minutes from the famous harbour and shops. Whitby is a traditional maritime town and with its old cobbled streets, picturesque houses and sandy blue flag beach, it is a great place for a holiday or short break. The hotel has a car park. Alternatively street parking is available or there is a public car park located nearby. (Parking charges apply).
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 22:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
60% would recommend it to a friend
Very Pleasant Stay....
friendly staff, clean rooms!
The hotel upon arrival looked a little run down from the outside.
Inside had an old fashioned look to it but was clean and welcoming. The ro...