- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"My husband and I totally enjoyed our stay. Great room and the food was fabulous. Will definitely stay again...."
"This hotel was a great find, we were 4 couples visiting Oxford for our annual weekend away. The hotel has great character and the rooms are..."
"A great place to stay. Good food. Helpful staff. One small criticism was very patchy wifi in our room. Room 1 in the annexe. We'd definitely..."
"Wish had found years ago, friendly staff, love the room, will be back again...."
"An excellent stay in a very old pub. The room was very comfortable with plenty of space and a sofa to sit on to watch TV. There were lots of..."
About the hotel
The Bear and Ragged Staff is just 2 miles away from the A34, 4 miles West of Oxford and without all the city centre parking issues. It is just off the main A420 to Swindon and Bristol. A stay at the Bear is much more than a “B&B” experience, guests have full access to the bars, snugs, log fires, decking/garden in the summer and the main restaurant.
Perfect for a romantic weekend or for the busy traveling businessperson. Rooms in the Old Cottage Wing all boast en suite bathrooms and high ceilings. There is full access to broadband and Wi-Fi connectivity. King sized beds are standard throughout, desks, full length mirrors for preparing for that special romantic dinner or business meeting are featured. Above the Old Pub which is housed in the original part of the Bear dating back more than 450 years, we have refurbished the “Landlord’s Wing” which has historically been used as accommodation for the succession of landlords who have graced the Bear since it was converted into a pub in the 1860s. This part of the building provides another five rooms and bursts with features such as wiggly beams, sloping floors, quirky staircases and of course, ghosts. . . . . . . !!
- Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free)
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 22:00
- Up to 17 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Bear and Ragged Staff
We stayed in room number 7.
The curtains have been cleaned which has caused them to shrink, leaving the lining hanging 4 inches below the fabric; they looked awful. The mattress on the bed needs upgrading, it was dipping in the middle and quite uncomfortable. There was a small hairdryer, but no accessible plugs located near a mirror, so it was pointless. It was a Double Room with booking made for 2 people, but only one robe is provided. This is marketed as a deluxe room in a 4 star establishment, comparing it for price and other deluxe 4 star places we have stayed in, this does not measure up. It's ok, but don't go expecting to feel pampered or spoils. I have stayed in better appointed travelodges.
Bear and Ragged Staff
My husband and I totally enjoyed our stay.
Great room and the food was fabulous. Will definitely stay again.