- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"Booked a double room but got a 5 bed, but the view of the abbey and the sun rise made up for the lack of intimacy. We booked breakfast and t..."
"Quick and easy to get booked in at reception. Room 2 had a good view of the abbey, the room it self was fine although could do with fresheni..."
"Great location fab breakfast...."
"Had a really great time yha Whitby is in a fabulous spot right on the cliff top over looking the town Parking good Went with my two daught..."
"Never used a yha before, but after using this one at Whitby, I would have no fears of using another one. Staff were excellent and the room w..."
About the hotel
This affordable, family-friendly accommodation is in a stunning location near the abbey ruins and overlooking the bustling town of Whitby with so much to do. Many attractions to keep you busy, including a fascinating museum and art gallery. An awesome coastal location with wonderful views, the Esk Valley and North Yorkshire Moors will tempt walkers and cyclists alike.
YHA Whitby is an historic building situated on the headland, 199 steps up from the cobbled quayside and next door to the famous ruined abbey. Relax in the gardens or on a nearby sandy beach. Unwind in our licensed restaurant. Hand soap is provided next to all sinks. Towels are not supplied as standard but can be rented or purchased from reception. Bedding is supplied in all rooms. Free Wi-Fi is available in social spaces. ***Please note, we do not charge an additional temporary membership fee. Discounts are not available for members of YHA (England & Wales) or IYHF as part of this booking. *** ***IMPORTANT - All bookings made via Laterooms for more than 16 people will be cancelled. Bookings can be made for up to 14 nights only. Any booking made for over 14 nights will be cancelled. *** All guests must show a valid photo ID upon check-in. Driver’s licence, passport, student ID or similarly recognised national identity cards are accepted.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Laundry/Valet Service, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 23:00
- Up to 17 years old
- 21/06/2016 to 31/12/2025 - Please note: The last check-in time is 9.30pm. LateRooms bookings of more than 16 people and/or for more than 14 nights cannot be accepted and will be cancelled. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Great view from Room 2
Booked a double room but got a 5 bed, but the view of the abbey and the sun rise made up for the lack of intimacy.
We booked breakfast and t...
Quick and easy to get booked in at reception.
Room 2 had a good view of the abbey, the room it self was fine although could do with fresheni...