- Very Good
- 26 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel, staff were so helpful and accommodating. Very convenient location- short walking distance from city centre...."
"Stayed for 1 night attending a get together with friends nearby. Arrived early and the lady on reception very kindly let us check in early a..."
"Brilliant service food excellent location perfect value for money spot on will be happy to stay again anytime..."
"Excellent customer service from staff. The room had recently be done out, very very cheaply though. Never stayed in a hotel which had vinyl..."
"A very clean and comfortable room. Very friendly welcome from reception staff. Hotel is centrally located and it is very easy to stroll to a..."
About the hotel
The Grand Hotel, Swansea has been a landmark hotel since the 1930’s, largely due to its ideal location and unique design. In 2004 the hotel was subject to a complete refurbishment, and re-opened as one of Swansea leading independent hotels, offering 3* plus service and facilities. Our Facilities are complimented by a private residents lounge and private Breakfast service restaurant.
The hotel is located in the heart of Swansea, opposite the railway station. It allows easy access to a number of attractions, such as the Dylan Thomas Centre, National Waterfront Museum, Mumbles, and the Gower Peninsula. The hotel offers 31 rooms, all with digital TV, power showers and air conditioning as standard. Our 4 executive rooms, and 2 Penthouses offer a range of Super King and Queen beds, private balconies and Jacuzzi baths, with the Penthouses boasting South Wales only roof top hot tubs. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. Our Hotel offers informal dining service in our ground floor Bistro Bar. Our newly refurbished sports bar contains local and international sporting memorabilia, we also offer full and extensive live coverage of all sporting events. We stock an extensive range of international spirits and local brews. The hotel is located in the heart of Swansea, opposite the railway station. It allows easy access to a number of attractions, such as the Dylan Thomas Centre, National Waterfront Museum, Mumbles, and the Gower Peninsula. Please note that when paying cash a further deposit of £30 per person is payable at time of check in and photo ID will also be required. In the event a credit card is not valid, a cash deposit and ID is required or they will not be able to process the booking. Please note, our mini bars in our Executive, Pent House & Superior Suite rooms are not stocked on arrival. If guests wish for this to be stocked they need to contact the hotel prior to arrival, in which a per-authorization of £60 is taken on arrival, whatever is not used is then refunded to the card. Please note we can only offer minibar stockage to guests who pay a deposit via card (pre-auth) and are unable to accept cash deposits for this. Check in for the Penthouse and Superior Suite is from 4:00PM. Children are not permitted on the executive floor due to balcony and mini bar access. Bookings of 5 rooms or more may have different cancellation/prepayment policy. The property will contact you directly to confirm.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Bar, Breakfast to go
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 07/10/2014 to 31/12/2025 - Check in time for Penthouse & Superior Suite is from 4pm. Children not permitted on executive floor due to balcony & mini bar access. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
The Grand Hotel Swansea
Lovely hotel, staff were so helpful and accommodating.
Very convenient location- short walking distance from city centre....
Lovely hotel central location friendly and helpful staff
Stayed for 1 night attending a get together with friends nearby.
Arrived early and the lady on reception very kindly let us check in early a...