- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"Warm welcome upon arrival. Good room facilities with comfortable bed. Varied menu with plenty of choice. Food quality was very good and cook..."
"Stayed in one of the loft rooms. Large room very clean and quiet. Could easily accommodate a third bed for another family member. Breakfast..."
"Very Friendly Pub hotel with good selection of food and real ales. Hotel room I was given was above the bar and was a little dated and quite..."
"Lovely building both inside and out. We booked late and had spent a long time finding somewhere with a twin available. Our booking through L..."
"We wanted to go away for a spring break. We saw the cromwell arms listed on Laterooms and looking at the great reviews we thought we would g..."
About the hotel
Just 5 minutes drive off the A38, the Cromwell Arms is located in the centre of Bovey Tracey, known as the Gateway to the Moor, situated on the edge of Dartmoor. Offering easy access to endless countryside and attractions, it is a fantastic place from which to explore the whole region of Dartmoor, from the moors, tors and villages, to the beaches and seasides of Devon and the rest of the South West of England. With Exeter city centre being only 12 miles approx in one direction and Plymouth approx 25 miles in the other and being 10 miles away from the sea, our location is an ideal stop over for holiday makers, a weekend break and/or a business trip.
Newton Abbot is also approximately 5 miles away, making us a perfect place to stay over when the race course holds its meetings. For business customers who are visiting Heathfield, which is on our door step, we serve an early business breakfast from 7am Monday to Friday. The 17th century oak beamed coaching inn is an establishment run by tenants Gary and Julie Roberts and has recently been refurbished, having 14 tastefully decorated and comfortable en-suite rooms. One of which is a family room that can sleep up to 6 people. Our bar and restaurant offer a great range of cask ales, draught lagers and ciders, wines and spirits, as well as an extensive menu of fresh home cooked food and daily specials to whet your appetite. We have FREE Wifi throughout the MAIN BUILDING, a lawned beer garden with a pagoda and decking for those warm sunny days, two log fires to warm you on those cosy winter nights and a car park for approximately 20 cars. So, whether you are on holiday, on business or just passing through, a visit here is highly recommended. As of 2014, we now have a ground floor twin room to accommodate guests who find stairs difficult and we also have a smaller room for people on a budget which we call our "Cabin" - at 10ft x 8ft with its bathroom and wardrobe are upstairs and it's ideal for people working away, on a budget, who want cheaper accommodation. In 2014, we became Regional Winners and Finalists in the Great British Pub Awards.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:30 21:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Warm welcome upon arrival.
Good room facilities with comfortable bed. Varied menu with plenty of choice. Food quality was very good and cook...
The Cromwell Arms
Stayed in one of the loft rooms.
Large room very clean and quiet. Could easily accommodate a third bed for another family member. Breakfast...