- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"We booked a disabled room which was fine apart from the bathroom, the shower wasn't accessible to a mobility impaired person, door screen di..."
"Just wanted a Hotel that was near to centre of St Albans and this hotel was perfect. Room was very nice even though we looked out onto a bri..."
"Hotel is situated in an ideal position right opposite the Cathedral. Use of the hotel car park was most helpful as parking seems to be at a..."
"I arrived in the dark and it was raining. I got lost in St Albans but rang the hotel and a very friendly and helpful receptionist guided me..."
"Loved the hotel staff excellent hotel clean great location would recommend..."
About the hotel
Located in the heart of St. Albans, Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans is set in an Edwardian building and features an on-site bar. It has a 24-hour front desk and offers stylish rooms with free WiFi access throughout.
Small on-site private parking free of charge, alternative parking is available (free of charge) please contact hotel reception for more information. The property boasts a sweeping staircase and a stained glass dome, and the original carved fireplace dating back to 1911 still stands in what was the creator's private office. Each room is decorated in neutral tones and comes with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries. Guests can get drinks and refreshments in the bar throughout the day, and order room service for lunch and dinner. There is an array of cafés and pubs serving traditional English food in the surroundings of the hotel. Main attractions: St Albans Cathedral 0km St Albans Town Centre 0km Roman Theatre 1. 5km Highfield Park. 2. 9km Willows Farm 7km Harry Potter Studios 11km Train Access to London: St Albans City Line 1. 5km (Direct to St Pancras/Kings Cross Stations) St Albans Abbey Line 1km (Direct to Watford - Harry Potter Studio Tour) Main Airport's: London Luton 17km, London Heathrow Airport 32 km London Stansted Airport 61 km
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Problems with bathroom, difficult hotel to access for disabled customers
We booked a disabled room which was fine apart from the bathroom, the shower wasn't accessible to a mobility impaired person, door screen didn't open wide enough and when we tried to use the shower, the heavy metal shower knob fell off on to the floor and narrowly missed my husbands foot, with water then gushing out everywhere I managed to get the metal screw back onto turn the water off but we then couldn't use the shower.
I then saw that the shower control had just been stuck on as there was sticky mastic inside it, so husband had to have a strip wash using basin which was very small and had no sink plug , difficult to fill and keep,water in it therefore, had to stuff plug with tissues as a temporary measure. Reported to management who were very apologetic and gave us 25% off the room price. The room we had was OK otherwise but had no view looked out onto a brick wall of a small enclosed space which felt very claustrophobic to us, only access for wheelchair clients to the hotel is via a side door that you have to ask to be opened for you. The hotel had reserved us a parking place close to this side door but I didn't actually see any designated disabled spaces, we have a blue badge. It wasn't an easy hotel for disabled clients to access, once in there was a lift down to our room but going to breakfast involved going through 2 sets of doors but room was large and tables easy to get a wheelchair to. Staff all were pleasant and breakfast buffet nice but with all the issues we had we wouldn't stay again, The hotel also could do with a more prominent sign as going down Holywell hill we missed it and had to call and ask directions as sat nav only takes you to the vicinity of the hotel.
Friday night stay
Just wanted a Hotel that was near to centre of St Albans and this hotel was perfect.
Room was very nice even though we looked out onto a brickwall but as was only for one night this was not a problem.
I wish hotels all had a magnifying make-up mirror in their bathrooms as most mirrors in bathrooms are too far away to see properly when applying makeup. Everything else was perfectly adequate.