- 1 guest reviews
"A great hotel in a central position, yet enjoying the quietness of its location. The sea is an easy 10 minute stroll and the shops are just..."
About the hotel
Recently renovated, the Hotel Ellington****, Nice is located in the city center, few minutes walking from the sea, the shopping area, the old town and the congress center Acropolis. Inspired by the famous artist Duke Ellington, the hotel is a tribute to Jazz Music. Portraits in black and white of artists of the early 50’s are exposed in all the corridors of the hotel.
Each of 110 rooms and suites represent a different notes on the piece of jazz music. The public areas have been renovated with various small details which send us straight back to the 50s. An antique map world covers the main wall of the Bar and represent the main destinations of Air France at that time. A piano recreates the warm atmosphere of the famous Jazz Bars of New York. The bar proposes a direct access to the sunny Patio, the real surprise of the hotel with its comfortable and warm atmosphere in the heart of Nice, where the guests can gather for a drink. Since the re-opening in January 2007, the hotel Ellington has gained a solid experience in organizing business and private events : corporate meetings, seminars, conventions, executive committees, cocktails, . . . 4 meeting rooms which can accommodate up 70 people, are entirely renovated, with natural sunlight and an access to the sunny patio.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The LateRooms.com rate for Hôtel Ellington Nice in Nice is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 2.25(EUR) per person per night and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A great hotel in a central position, yet enjoying the quietness of its location.
The sea is an easy 10 minute stroll and the shops are just 5 minutes away. The hotel rooms were spotless and the breakfast was delicious. Chocolate brownies were divine and kept us going until supper!