This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
During the winter months Te Waonui Forest Retreat will go into ‘hibernation mode’, due to reduced tourism demand on the West Coast during the colder season. Scenic Hotel Franz Josef, which has recently undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment, will remain open to accommodate the reduced winter demand, with all the Scenic flavour and style our guests have come to expect. Te Waonui Forest Retreat is closed from 1 May, reopening at the beginning of the New Zealand spring on 1 September 2012.
Nestled amongst native West Coast rainforest at Franz Josef is a very special five-star retreat. Designed with utmost care of its precious environment, guests at Te Waonui Forest Retreat will find themselves encircled by rainforest and accommodated in natural and sustainable luxury. At one with nature, Te Waonui Forest Retreat is the ultimate coming together of luxury escape and environmental awareness. Great care has been taken to ensure this exceptional forest retreat steps lightly upon the earth, from the organic cotton bedspreads to its recycled local building materials. Discerning travellers will appreciate the hotel’s attention to detail, which starts with attentive personal service upon arrival, and continues throughout all the hotel facilities and every aspect of your stay. As our guest you will enjoy exceptional quality and service, including: - Luxuriously appointed guest rooms, generously proportioned and featuring the highest standard of room amenities, such as your personal pillow menu, natural wool mattress underlay, and wireless Internet access. - Dining among the trees in ‘The Canopy’ restaurant, and savouring quality local cuisine, including an indulgent five-course degustation dinner. - Innovative, environmentally sustainable architecture and building materials that create a healthy, warm and quiet haven for you to enjoy. - Easy access to many excellent local attractions, including the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers, just minutes away. All rates are inclusive of international buffet breakfast and 5 course degustation dinner.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Interconnecting rooms available, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet