- Very Good
- 1 guest reviews
"The lobby area is tiny and the check-in foyer cramped, but everything was very efficiently handled. The location was at first glance not ver..."
About the hotel
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong (formerly Cosmopolitan Hotel) has recently completed a top-to-bottom overhaul to all its 454 rooms and suites, the lobby and meeting venue. Every guestroom features free use of smart phone with unlimited 3G internet supported by WiFi hotspot function to share data, free local and long distance calls (IDD calls) to 9 select countries including Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, UK and US (portable for use inside and outside of the hotel). The renovation leaves the rooms with some meticulously adopted themes, including the east-meets-west Victorian and classical-Oriental and sleek-contemporary designs.
Most of the refurbished rooms offer a majestic view of the race course, while the redesigned bathrooms feature a refreshing rain shower experience. Dorsett Wanchai is located in a lively address amid the commercial Wan Chai and Causeway Bay shopping areas, where ones can find countless shops and eateries to shop and eat like a local. The nearest subway station is only an eight-minute stroll away, while tram and bus stops are on the hotel’s doorstep. In the hotel’s proximity are Convention and Exhibition Centre and Ocean Park. Dorsett Wanchai further eases travel by offering free scheduled shuttle service to 15 destinations (eg. IFC, HKAEL Hong Kong Station, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre and Pacific Place). Other facilities include a gym room, meeting rooms accommodating up to 200 delegates, a bar and a Chinese restaurant serving Cantonese and Hui-yang fares. Every Friday evening, there are Dorsett Wine Hour and Dorsett Candy Bar serving wine, canapés and candy on the house.
- Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Babysitting services, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- By 12:00 hours
- Up to 11 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Clean and quiet; with a beautiful graveyard view!
The lobby area is tiny and the check-in foyer cramped, but everything was very efficiently handled.
The location was at first glance not very central and taxis difficult to hail, but soon one realizes that with a 8-10 minute walk via the pedestrian underpass one can get to Causeway Bay, the famed Times Square and taxis and the Metro (MTR). Wanchai and all it has on offer is also about a 20-30 minute walk or a short taxi hop away.
The room was small but well designed and functionally more than adequate, and the services and staff professional and efficient. In short, a well run and good facility. The cost was on the high side but I guess this was because I booked it less than a week before arriving.