This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
One of England's finest hotels located in the heart of Devon, with close links to all major attractions. The hotel offers fishing, shooting, AA 2 rosette restaurant and free parking. People come to Arundell Arms to go riding, walking, play golf, go bird watching and to enjoy some of the loveliest country in England.
The hotel, an old coaching inn on a site which dates back to Saxon times, is in a valley of five rivers close to the uplands of Dartmoor, and not far away are the wonderful surfing beaches of the north Cornish coast. This is old England, miles away from civilisation where buzzards float effortlessly in the up draughts of air from woods and hills, where kingfishers and herons haunt rivers or where you may see an otter. This is a place where people come to relax, get away from it all and to enjoy true Devon hospitality in warmth and comfort. A place referred to by Fiona Duncan of the Telegraph as "One of the few remaining dedicated angling hotels in the country, responsible for teaching thousands of people to fish. . . Like it's food this hotel is the real deal. Long may it last". Bedrooms are decorated throughout in a warm traditional style using decorative wallpapers, antique furniture and tasteful upholstery. The hotel comprises of superior double, standard double/twins and single rooms which are either located in the main hotel or the former stables which have been lovingly converted to provide additional accommodation. Many rooms have views over the pretty terraced garden with a 300 year-old cockpit, one of the few remaining in England, which is now the hotels fishing tackle shop. Created by the resident Head Chef, who has the rare honour of being elected one of only 80 Master Chefs of Great Britain. Food is always meticulously prepared and beautifully presented, using only the finest quality produce which is sourced from local suppliers, the hotel has gained an excellent reputation both locally and nationally for creating outstanding modern British cuisine. The AA 2 Rosette restaurant attracts many who not only come to enjoy the quality of the food but also the elegant surroundings. Complemented by fine wines and attentive, friendly service this offers the perfect dining experience. This has been one of England's premier fishing hotels for more than half a century and has 20 miles of exclusive fishing rights on the Tamar and six of its tributaries. Here you are alone all day, fishing a mile of river for wild brown trout, in the late spring the first salmon arrive and by mid-summer shoals of sea trout bring out the night fishers. The hotel has experts on hand who run courses for beginners and give friendly help and advice. Devon and Cornwall can offer you a unique and unforgettable holiday experience. Discover green rolling hills, coloured patchwork fields, high sided lanes and bustling market towns. Venture into Cornwall and find yourself on sandy beaches, coastal paths and in picturesque fishing villages. Wherever you go in the South West there is not only spectacular scenery but also an array of places of interest to visit. The Eden Project which is known as the ‘eighth wonder of the world’ along with the regions famous national Trust properties such as Lanhydrock & Cotehele are only a half hour drive away. If you are interested in more energetic activities then visit Cornwall’s famous beaches such as Polzeath which is the ideal location for surfing and within easy striking distance. Or if you would like to stay closer to the hotel there is horse riding at St Leonards Equitation Centre or the spectacular Dartmoor National Park to explore. Whatever your interests The Arundell Arms is the perfect holiday location.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Croquet, Fishing, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free)
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 16 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet