- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"Excellent spot for walking in a quiet village with a local public bar. The room need attention to the cleaning standard but apart from that..."
"Excellent room, staff and quality..."
"This was trip down memory lane. wife and I stayed here in 1977. when she died promised myself a quiet stay in memory of our visit. exactly w..."
"Lovely Twin room with comfortable beds, deep pillows and a smart contemporary bathroom with a great shower. Staff were friendly and pleasant..."
"Overall the hotel was very good with the majority of the staff being very attentive and helpful. The breakfast was excellent and the room wa..."
About the hotel
The Scafell Hotel is located in the very heart of Borrowdale, considered by many as England's finest valley. The hotel is surrounded by mighty fells, tranquil meadows and crystal clear waters. The Hotel is situated almost at the foot of Great Gable and the Scafell Massif and is, therefore, an excellent centre for walking either in the valley, along river banks, the Derwentwater lake shore,the fells or on Lakelands highest peaks.
For those wishing to tour around it is an ideal centre from which to visit other Lake District locations. Those who are content with gentle rambling or just lazing on restful lawns fringed by trees amidst imposing scenery will be equally happy staying here. The comfortable bedrooms, beautifully decorated and some furnished with traditional antique furniture, are all equipped with private facilities,TV, radio and tea / coffee making facilities. The public rooms have been tastefully furnished, including the elegantly re- furnished lounge and restaurant where one can enjoy excellent fare prepared by skilled chefs. Under the direction for the past 37 years of the owner,Miles Jessop and now Managing Director Andrew Nelson who together with the management and staff of the Scafell Hotel offer an efficient and friendly service, so making this comfortable Hotel a perfect base for exploring the Lake District.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access
- CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent spot for walking in a quiet village with a local public bar.
The room need attention to the cleaning standard but apart from that...
Excellent room, staff and quality...